BG 44K

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are you thoughts on BG 44K does it work? will it work on an ecoboost motor. I am at 1500 miles and want to take exemplery care of my motor

Last edited:
Particle impingement does erode turbo blades and vanes.

Isn't ecoboost di? If so, not sure how it can help much.

Deleted my previous post as I thought that was the name for the BG "induction service" snake oil backed up by a farce of a "test".

But the BG44k seems to be the in tank cleaner. Probably won't do much as DI injectors don't really get deposits and it's direct injection so little/no fuel wash of the valves.

In short, save your $$!

My wife and I both have DI engines and use Top Tier gasoline in the recommended grade.

I don't think that BG44K or any other additive is necessary nor will it help any.

BG 44K is supposed to be good stuff, but any of that [censored] is useless in a brand new car, or almost anything under 100k.

If it had like 200k and noticeable fuel issues, then it *might* be worth it.

And also pointless on a DI motor as others ave pointed out.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
BG 44K is supposed to be good stuff, but any of that [censored] is useless in a brand new car, or almost anything under 100k.

If it had like 200k and noticeable fuel issues, then it *might* be worth it.

That's one way to think about it. Another way is that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

For me the question is, does that corny line apply in this situation?

Does carbon immediately begin to accumulate in the fuel system, during the first test drive off the lot?

I think so.

Can regular use of OTC "fuel system cleaners" (BG44k or any the others that are less expensive - SL1, Techron, 3M, ACDelco, etc.) prevent this accumulation and (to borrow your terminology) prevent fuel from becoming an issue?

I don't know.

Quote:
I am at 1500 miles
Do you have a typo here? Like are you missing couple of zeros? If not, what in the heck are doing to a brand new vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back