BG PLATINUM 44K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently noticed this BG "Platinum" 44K offering.

What makes it "platinum" superior to their regular 44K? Just marketing BS?

According to the BG representative that comes into our shop it is a more concentrated formula. Of course they will not tell you what the additives are so there are more of the unknown additives.

Acquired a high mileage LS460 averaging far below EPA ratings. Ran back to back BG Platinum, RP, and Seafoam in my first 3 tanks and now I'm up to EPA rated mpg. Not sure which additive did the best work though.

Originally Posted by gr8gatzby
Acquired a high mileage LS460 averaging far below EPA ratings. Ran back to back BG Platinum, RP, and Seafoam in my first 3 tanks and now I'm up to EPA rated mpg. Not sure which additive did the best work though.

I hope you changed your oil after those 3 tanks. Lot of mechanics will tell you to change it after 1 can. It really cleans things up so there is a lot of junk floating around.

We had a rep come into our shop as well and he stated that the 44k platinum was a Techron based fuel additive. He said BG buys it in bulk for their product. It is way more concentrated than the techron you can buy on the shelf.

Originally Posted by Tobin28
We had a rep come into our shop as well and he stated that the 44k platinum was a Techron based fuel additive. He said BG buys it in bulk for their product. It is way more concentrated than the techron you can buy on the shelf.

Nope - No PEA....0% PEA

https://www.lubri-care.com/msds/downloads/208.pdf

in-fact, it looks like 99% snake oil/slick-50

Originally Posted by tundraotto
Originally Posted by Tobin28

Nope - No PEA....0% PEA

https://www.lubri-care.com/msds/downloads/208.pdf

in-fact, it looks like 99% snake oil/slick-50

Keep in mind, SDS' don't tell you the complete recipe. All the hazardous components don't have to add up to 100%. Manufacturers can leave out what they feel are proprietary components out of the SDS if they choose to, or list "Proprietary" as a component

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back