BF Goodrich Trail-Terrain T/A my initial impressions

I needed new tires a couple weeks ago, and with the deals that Sam’s has on BFGs, I decided on some Trail-Terrains in the stock size, 265/65R18, for my Silverado. There’s not a lot of reviews on them, and the TireRack review is of them on an Audi crossover. I took that with a grain of salt since I don’t drive my pickup nearly as spirted as an Audi crossover ;)

So far I’ve done some highway, city, and heavy rain driving and I’m really impressed with them. They balanced really well, very minimal weights (similar to Michelins I've had before). They are smooth on the road and fairly quiet too for an A/T. They have some tread noise around 75mph, but it’s quieter than the Falken A/T3W I had before. Only time will tell, but so far I’m really happy with them. They are loaded with interlocking full depth sipes, so they should do well.

I ended up putting the white letters out for a more classic look (I’m old :D).

Attachments

• B3498078-D6AA-4629-A0B4-F58D09BB6BDF.jpeg
    B3498078-D6AA-4629-A0B4-F58D09BB6BDF.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 259
  • F2BFAF77-BD2A-4273-9D06-F21540C0762C.jpeg
    F2BFAF77-BD2A-4273-9D06-F21540C0762C.jpeg
    259 KB · Views: 260
I'm running KO2s on my '18 4Runner and am looking at these for my next set.
Good to hear you're liking them.
And I'm old school myself (I'll also be running white letter out.):)
Looks good on that white Silverado!

I needed new tires a couple weeks ago, and with the deals that Sam’s has on BFGs, I decided on some Trail-Terrains in the stock size, 265/65R18, for my Silverado. There’s not a lot of reviews on them, and the TireRack review is of them on an Audi crossover. I took that with a grain of salt since I don’t drive my pickup nearly as spirted as an Audi crossover ;)

So far I’ve done some highway, city, and heavy rain driving and I’m really impressed with them. They balanced really well, very minimal weights (similar to Michelins I've had before). They are smooth on the road and fairly quiet too for an A/T. They have some tread noise around 75mph, but it’s quieter than the Falken A/T3W I had before. Only time will tell, but so far I’m really happy with them. They are loaded with interlocking full depth sipes, so they should do well.

I ended up putting the white letters out for a more classic look (I’m old :D).
Just thought I would see if you could provide a little update on your Trail Terrains?
I'm getting close to replacing my KO2s and was wondering the experience you've had with these tires.
Some online searching has shown some owners complaining of poor rain performance.
Would you agree with that?

Just thought I would see if you could provide a little update on your Trail Terrains?
I'm getting close to replacing my KO2s and was wondering the experience you've had with these tires.
Some online searching has shown some owners complaining of poor rain performance.
They won’t be any worse than your KO2s in rain.

I know the trail terrain are mild AT tires and less aggressive than the KO2. If you are driving more on road than off road, these AT are perfect. My son was about to pull the trigger on these but got a way better deal on the Cooper AT tires on Black Friday Looks good on your truck!

What I don’t like about BFG Trail Terrain is abysmal wet braking performance. Difference between Continental Terrain Contact and these is like 40ft in wet braking at 50mph.

The Tyre Review guy with the English accent reviews these tires along with 8 other all-terrain tires in a Youtube video. I just happened to watch it yesterday. The reviews were entertaining.

I really like them. They’re at 8/32” last time I checked them. I drive my truck like a truck, so I don’t notice any of the things that TR reports on them. They have great traction, great hydroplane resistance, and great braking wet and dry. I’m sure if they were on a sporty SUV I would have more negative things to say. They’re on a 4x4 truck. They’ve been good in mild off-road situations too. I would buy them again. Still quiet and smooth on the highway.

I really like them. They’re at 8/32” last time I checked them. I drive my truck like a truck, so I don’t notice any of the things that TR reports on them. They have great traction, great hydroplane resistance, and great braking wet and dry. I’m sure if they were on a sporty SUV I would have more negative things to say. They’re on a 4x4 truck. They’ve been good in mild off-road situations too. I would buy them again. Still quiet and smooth on the highway.
Thanks for the response! I have a 2018 4Runner and my driving style is "non-aggressive" to say the least. Should be perfect for me.

Back