Best way to mix gas

I use a 1 oz measuring cup and an empty Tru Fuel can. ~ 32:1 Oil is a Valvoline 2 stroke for everything 5$ a qt at AutoZone..

I use the top cap of an old baby bottle formula that has oz scales printed on it. Then marked where the right spot for a 40:1 mix. Comes in very handy. I used SuperTech 2-cycle synthetic oil...less smoke on my string engines.

Im always amazed that more people don’t use a mix bottle to mix their 2 stroke fuel. I’ve tried all sorts of different ways to mix (ratio rite, miximizer, keeping little empty bottles to pre-measure, math in my head) but a mix bottle is by far the best. It allows for easy and idiot proof custom ratios. Best of all these bottles are usually less than 10 bucks even in Canada. How do you mix your gas?
I have an old bottle of Stabil.......graduated to the ounce....use as needed!

In the olden days (prior to last year) I eyeballed the pour to get about 5.5 or 6 oz of oil in a 2 gallon can, then filled with gas. In modern times my approach is a little more precise. I just buy two of the little 2.6 oz bottles of Supertech and pour them into a 2 gallon can before filling with 89 E10.

I have a ratio rite cup I have had for almost 40 years. Imo the ratio is not that critical unless you have a tuned race bike.

I try to stay around 40:1.. a few points either way won't matter in my stuff.

People mentioned squeeze and pour bottles that are awesome. But personally I don't use that much of it. So I buy it in 3.2 oz bottles for 1 gallon premixing. But I also buy 5 gallon of gas a season and I mix MMO and stabil in it. I add oil to 1 gallon can, get a little bit of gas in to oil bottle itself to get the remaining of the oil and the fill 1 gallon can. So end result comes to 50:1, with stabil and a little extra MMO for a good measure.

Back