Best way to mix gas

Im always amazed that more people don’t use a mix bottle to mix their 2 stroke fuel. I’ve tried all sorts of different ways to mix (ratio rite, miximizer, keeping little empty bottles to pre-measure, math in my head) but a mix bottle is by far the best. It allows for easy and idiot proof custom ratios. Best of all these bottles are usually less than 10 bucks even in Canada. How do you mix your gas?

Attachments

• 11D82C7B-D2CE-4DB7-AAC1-810498E6F123.jpeg
    11D82C7B-D2CE-4DB7-AAC1-810498E6F123.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 51
I use a squeeze bottle with measurements marked for the different oil ratios. Squeeze the oil up and pour it in the gallon can.
Similar to this:
1624455040522.jpg

Now that I only have one tool that uses 2-cycle mix, I just buy the TruFuel. One quart lasts me two seasons or more. No more mixing.

You're talking about measuring oil not mixing gas.

Once you have a gas can of constant size and have decided to always use the same ratio, the amount of oil for a batch is constant. I also have an oil bottle with the measuring chamber on top like Ride_Red posted. It's pretty easy to refill those with oil from a regular bottle.

You're talking about measuring oil not mixing gas.

Once you have a gas can of constant size and have decided to always use the same ratio, the amount of oil for a batch is constant. I also have an oil bottle with the measuring chamber on top like Ride_Red posted. It's pretty easy to refill those with oil from a regular bottle.
When you add oil to gas and shake the can you are mixing it. Haven’t you ever heard the expression “mixing gas and hauling ***”? Did you think I was making a thread about mixing two different types of gas together?

Those little squeeze bottles are good as long as you always want to use that bottle at the ratios set on the squeezie chamber. I could never limit myself to that. Too much of a 2 stroke enthusiast.

I use a variety of measuring containers. Measuring cup, prefilled small containers and one of those stabil bottles.

I used to use a special measuring cup that had ratios of oil per gallon of gas. I haven't mixed premix in years. I've read that people with chain saws save themselves a lot of trouble by buying premixed gas that has no ethanol. I did notice over the years that leaner oil mix ratios became normal as the 2 stroke oils got better. Ah, the wonderful smell and sight of smokey exhaust on a dirt bike.

When I was stationed in Germany I had a 2 stroke "Meister" moped. I mixed the oil in an gasoline can and shook it. If you added the oil directly into the moped gas tank the oil invariably ended up clogging the minute "Bing" carburetor's jets and transformed you into a pedestrian.

Pour 1 2.6 oz bottle of Echo Power Blend with fuel stabilizer in my empty 2 gallon two stroke gas can. Pump 1 gallon of 89 octane gas into aforementioned can for a 50:1 ratio…..Done! A gallon of this mix will last me a full season in my string trimmer and blower. If I have any left over at the end of the season I pour it into my 4 stroke engines and repeat next spring. 👋

A gallon is too much for my needs while keeping the mix fresh. I use an empty liquor bottle. I put calibrated marks where to fill gas and oil. It serves well for storage and you can see how much you have left.

The gasoline I use has no alcohol in it.

I use the single shot Stihl oil containers that make 1 gallon at 50:1. I empty the oil into the gas can, put a little bit of Stabil in the oil container swish it around and dump it in the gas can, then add 0.9 Gallons of E0 fuel to run 45:1. This works for me and is super easy to do. I don't use enough 2 stroke fuel in a year to worry about buying oil in bulk containers. I might go through 2 gallons in a summer.

Just my $0.02

well, don't currently own anything 2 stroke, but, when I was doing the TCW3 in my cars tank, (1oz to 5 gal gas) I kept a couple little squeeze bottles with oz markings around (more recently bought some plastic screw top test tubes w/ ml markings) that i would pre dose. then it's just a mater of figuring where on the gas gauge it's about 5 gal from full... get to the pump, pour in the oz of oil, then fill up the tank.

for a gas can, same system. figure out how much you need for the desired ratio, pre dose the empty can, then fill it at the pump. the action of the fuel flowing into the tank should be enough to mix the oil sufficiently.

and there is no E0 gas around here. it's all min E10.
Casey's has E10, E15, and E85.
they used to have E0 91, but replaced it with E10 93 "Super Premium" and charge 5-10 Cents more for it than their "Premium" which is E10 91, which they charge the same as everyone else in the area does for "Premium" E10 93.

which really upset me. when they had the E0 that's what i got. my car got about 5 more MPG's with it, vs E10.

I have a one gallon can with the " Full " mark embossed on it . I add the bottle of 50:1 Stihl two stroke oil to the can , drive to the gas station and fill the can to the mark ( Or use the digital pump display ) . Done deal . People that use larger quantities can use the same theory with a larger can . Oil first , then gas .

Back