Best wax for high shine

I used to use 205 but when it didn't clean as effectively on some more blemished or weathered paint, I tried 110. That worked much quicker and better and I couldn't tell the end result from 205, so I've use 110 as the only polish before waxing. If I get a 2 or 3 year old car with clean paint I may use 205, but for most, it's 110 and it still looks excellent.
Yeah, if 110 gets you to where you're happy then that's great. 👍

If you have more soft paint then finishing with 205 has more benefit.

Is there any wax that will leave the paint looking like it does when it is wet? I don't care about longevity, as these cars are used just for show, and spend 99% of their lives in the garage. Just looking for the highest possible shine. Don't really want the new "ceramic" coatings. I have been using the standard Turtle wax/Mothers/Mquires/ etc, and they all seem good, but I would like more pop. IF that is even possible.
71ILYtVwC1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

P21S is pure carnuba. While it is not know for longevity it does an incredible job of enhancing your paints gloss and shine. Easy to apply and easy to remove. Any other pure carnuba wax--most of them are priced $40 to $100 will offer the best fit for your need.

Three or four step process should be completed in the beginning to get the best results. Clay, polish, seal, wax.

I remember the blue coral three step treatement back in the 60s.... It took all day but it sure looked good when you were done...just in time to take your girl out on a date and show off your car.....and girl....

ive never seen any paint shine as well as p21s, it was tough to remove but when you were done your paint looked showroom slick.

Lemon pledge has been a car show trick for decades
Does it have to be only the name brand lemon furniture polish, or will other brands work as well? Also does one just spray it on, or spray it and then wipe with a microfiber? I would think wipe, right?

Silly question, but what is the correct pronunciation for carnauba? I pronounce it Car-new-ba. Is that right or am I all wrong?

Silly question, but what is the correct pronunciation for carnauba? I pronounce it Car-new-ba. Is that right or am I all wrong?
Close!
canauba = cArnAbA. You can type in the word carnauba, internet will take you to a dictionary page. There is a speaker symbol to press and you can hear how to pronunce it.

Just remeber, each time you polish you are shaving a layer of the clear coat off.

While wax is indeed about protection. However, most waxes, some more than others contain gloss enhancers which actually provide additional shine to the paint.

Just remeber, each time you polish you are shaving a layer of the clear coat off.

While wax is indeed about protection. However, most waxes, some more than others contain gloss enhancers which actually provide additional shine to the paint.
Shaving off a layer is an extreme exaggeration

Whoever said polish is correct. When you remove swirls the light hitting panels doesn't scatter it reflects back. Follow it up with 3m lmperial hand glaze. The bomb!

Whoever said polish is correct. When you remove swirls the light hitting panels doesn't scatter it reflects back. Follow it up with 3m lmperial hand glaze. The bomb!
Yes less swirl marks will enhance shine and reflection. However, the surface oxidation that polishing removes creates the mirror like shine.

Back