Best shocks for 2017 Honda CRV?

Clue me in - Best shocks for 2017 Honda CRV AWD? 99% on road.
Pablo, Open this article and its likely got way more than you ever want to know about your 2017 Honda CRV and its suspension
options. For some reason you may have to scroll down a little when it opens up. Got a load of info there for you.

Last edited:
Pablo, Open this article and its likely got way more than you ever want to know about your 2017 Honda CRV and its suspension
options. For some reason you may have to scroll down a little when it opens up. Got a load of info there for you.
AI miss. Note the Model years.

AI miss. Note the Model years.
Good luck, I am certain you can find what you need very easy since there are so many Honda CRVs driving around and unliminted parts available. The Honda CRV may be our next vehicle. My youngest son has been all over me about getting a CRV since he just got a
2023 Honda van in Nov 2023 and he keeps telling me the CRV should help with my back issues better than I do riding in the lower
Honda Accords. Anyway , I did look around suspension parts based on a 2017 Honda CRV. :)

Can't recommend a brand - but FCS are terrible on my 09 CRV. If I could do it again, I would reuse the spring and just go OEM.
Funny, I put FCS on a neighbor's 04 Avalon and one on my Accent and they've been great. Just goes to show even within brands there can be differing quality.

In my limited experience, nothing comes close to real Honda struts/shocks, but boy are they pricey.
Not much choice and not using Monroe

The shocker is how many 2016+ CRVs are on the road and no real options

I’m not home now. Wife will contact Bellingham Honda Monday. They have been an exemplary dealer

I’m not home now. Wife will contact Bellingham Honda Monday. They have been an exemplary dealer
Struts/Shocks don’t wear out very much on recent import vehicles used on paved roads - see a lot go 150k+ nowadays. There just isn’t much market demand.

Struts/Shocks don’t wear out very much on recent import vehicles used on paved roads - see a lot go 150k+ nowadays. There just isn’t much market demand.
Agree. Out of (5) Honda Accords...... still driving (2) of them now, only did one real suspension job. Changed the CV Joints and shafts on the front of the 2002 we kept for over 18 years. I am one really big fan of the change over of many vehicles to front wheel drives. You do not have near the issues with suspension and constant front end alignment that we would with rear wheel drive. Of course they tell every one you must do four wheel alignment at times like new sets of tires or ....... The main thing is with FWD you need to rotate often.

Monroe lost me on the last time I used them. I put an expensive set on my last Chevelle. Took her out on the road and I could not believe it. I was so bummed as it actually felt almost exactly the same feel as with the long over due shocks I had removed. Even with an almost one full inch rear sway bar. Gabrials I found were no better years before.

Back