Best retail 50 weight synth...GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Synpower 20W-50 is readily available, and you've decided on 50 weight, I would just go with that. Valvoline makes good oils. 20W-50 synthetics can't be all too common as far as availability.

Originally Posted By: Drivebelt
If the Synpower 20W-50 is readily available, and you've decided on 50 weight, I would just go with that. Valvoline makes good oils. 20W-50 synthetics can't be all too common as far as availability.
The last batch of 10w-30 synpower I got was [censored]. Had to dump 1/2L and topoff with M1 4T to get the engine to respond properly. Worst oil in recent memory and I have nothing against Ashland. May just be an application issue, but I doubt it.

Drivebelt said:
What type of oil is he using now, and what type of consumption are we talking about?

I would actually try a HDEO 15W-40. My thinking is that it could produce less consumption than even a 5W-40 synthetic. I would have no problem running a Group II based 15W-40 in those turbos for 5-6k mile OCI's. The GII based HDEOs we have here in North America are very good oils.

+ 1

Indeed we do have very good HDEOs here and the prices are LOW this is something europeans can envy us

Maybe if I could find the drain bolt w/o pulling off the bellypan, I would try that for her. I could grab a jug of delo 15w-40 and fill it to the top with my delo 30 that I already have.

Easy to obtain over the counter 50 weight synths that I know of:

Mobil 1 15W50
Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W50
Royal Purple 20W50,SAE50

Yeah, i really could not find anything, so I got M1 10w-40 HM $22/5 plus a Fram cartrige filter for $8. It says made In Germany on it and seems like quality.

Pep Boys had nothing in 50 weight, AA had 1q SynPower. The M1 should work well w/o killing the mpg. I think it's better then Red Cap 15w-50. I'll probally change it for her and go from there. If she wants the valves cleaned, I'll do an intake cleaning. I'll even pull a UOA from the M1. If it works well, maybe the 10w-30 HM for winter.

Quote:
If she wants the valves cleaned, I'll do an intake cleaning.

If it was me, I'd probably just try pulling off the air filter, and slowly pouring a quart of gasoline into the intake. I'm thinking that might actually work at cleaning the valves.
LOL.gif

Syntec 5W-50 has shown really good results in Mori's Audi V6 engine I believe he changed (changes) it out every 10,000 miles and the top of the engine was SUPER clean with valva cover off.
If I can find the link to that post I will post it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back