Best Pressure for Sonata

My Sonata called for 33 psi, so I went 3-4 psi above.

Sorry, I wasn’t aware you were such an extreme expert.
Point is why second guess the car engineers, when most here nearly have the training, or test equipment to validate higher psi inflation pressures.
If you feel better with higher psi, that's your call.
No need to belittle another forum member for a reasoned post.

Point is why second guess the car engineers, when most here nearly have the training, or test equipment to validate higher psi inflation pressures.
If you feel better with higher psi, that's your call.
No need to belittle another forum member for a reasoned post.
If we’re just gonna go with what the engineers say, what’s the whole purpose of this oil forum? The owner’s manual tells you what viscosity and oil change interval to do, sometimes even a recommendation on the brand of oil.

This is common, rarely does any tire store check the door sticker for the correct pressure, or ask. They just pump them up to standard spec, or the employees own idea of what it should be.
Just had General Altimax rt43 installed on my accord, door sticker says 33 front, 32 rear.
when I checked them next morning cold
RF-40
LF-35
Rears were around 32.5

Anyone running 3-4 psig over door is likely going to wear out the center of their tires first and have hydroplaning issues and premature suspension component wear. The tires are part of the suspension; They act as a first cushion and as an air spring for wheel bearings and ball joints.
I ran 37psig in a Mitsubishi 3000GT and destroyed the Strut steering bearing race in two weeks. Pounded them out. I had the same issue with a Mazda 6. I had a rattle and knock over bumps. The ball bearings were rolling around the top of my strut towers.
I learned my lesson then. I give you my experience so you don't follow in a fool's footsteps.

If we’re just gonna go with what the engineers say, what’s the whole purpose of this oil forum? The owner’s manual tells you what viscosity and oil change interval to do, sometimes even a recommendation on the brand of oil.
Yes, as for oil brand, no, but the oil I use will meet or exceed OE engineers requirements as stated in the owner's manual and/or oil filler cap.
I will change oil out sooner than engineers recommend.
Example, I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I think Mobil 1 makes a great product, but I won't use it as it does carry the Chrysler MS-6395 certification.

Back