Best Plastic Trim UV Protection?

Hi, I was looking into buying some 303 Aerospace Protectant. Then I saw this review from Project Farm and now I'm not convinced.

My application: A formerly garaged 2016 Toyota Sienna Van with only 10,000-miles. The plastic trim does not need restored, just looking for some protection from the hot summer sun.

This product from Gyeon has been excellent in my experience. I use it on all plastics, inside and out. It lasts a long time as well. On exterior trim I notice that dirt does not build up as easily.

I use a microfiber sponge applicator to apply.

Been using 303 on everything in my sig and others for years, including my first airplane which sat outside year round. I know the brand was sold a while back, but it still seems to work.

I have a few rubber bungees....I've been meaning to stretch them on the side of the shed and doing a comparison of a few protectants vs. nothing. I'll get around to it.

Been using 303 on everything in my sig and others for years, including my first airplane which sat outside year round. I know the brand was sold a while back, but it still seems to work.

I have a few rubber bungees....I've been meaning to stretch them on the side of the shed and doing a comparison of a few protectants vs. nothing. I'll get around to it.
thats quite the test there, be interested in the results..

Project Farm is a small step above Scotty Kilmer click-bait. Take it with a grain of salt.

I use Optimum Leather/Vinyl Protectant. Aero 303 is good stuff as well.

What happened to ArmorAll. It seems not a favorite product on this forum. It was very popular back in the 70s up to late 90s and then it faded away. It was widely used by people who sells their cars, it sure looks like brand new when you applied it. I don't see it's line up of products at Walmart or maybe I am just blind :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
What happened to ArmorAll. It seems not a favorite product on this forum. It was very popular back in the 70s up to late 90s and then it faded away. It was widely used by people who sells their cars, it sure looks like brand new when you applied it. I don't see it's line up of products at Walmart or maybe I am just blind :ROFLMAO:

It only makes stuff shiny and attracts dust. It’s a cosmetic application only if you like the old shiny look.

The less shine inside the car the better, especially at night.

Now it’s made by the same folks that make Gnu Finish.

Although 303 is a great product for the interior it is not so good for the exterior. Its is water based and washes off quickly.

Best UV protection by far is a garage. No chemical will even come close.
I'd even go that far and say a garage is the only effective UV protection
in UV intensive areas. Is the effectiveness of any of these products actually
proven?

I agree with the garage idea but I can only speak on my personal experience. Very early on in my vehicle ownership I didn’t use anything on exterior trim. In those days there wasn’t much plastic on the exterior. The cowl is a good example. Eventually the cowl would fade and I would try to revive it with not much luck.

Now with all the plastic trim on the exterior I started to use trim protectant right from the start. When I buy a brand new vehicle one of the first things I do is wash and wax it. I also treat the trim. All these vehicles never showed any deterioration or discoloration in the trim. In fact I get a lot of compliments from others when they see a 15 year old car that looks brand new inside and out.

So in short, treat the trim right away and keep up on it. With products like Gyeon Preserve I can do the trim a few times a year. There are more durable products out there but I try to avoid having numerous bottles hanging around.

Was going to suggest Armor All at WalMart. This stuff lasts a long time for all the outside trim even though it targets tires.

I agree with the garage idea but I can only speak on my personal experience. Very early on in my vehicle ownership I didn’t use anything on exterior trim. In those days there wasn’t much plastic on the exterior. The cowl is a good example. Eventually the cowl would fade and I would try to revive it with not much luck.

Now with all the plastic trim on the exterior I started to use trim protectant right from the start. When I buy a brand new vehicle one of the first things I do is wash and wax it. I also treat the trim. All these vehicles never showed any deterioration or discoloration in the trim. In fact I get a lot of compliments from others when they see a 15 year old car that looks brand new inside and out.

So in short, treat the trim right away and keep up on it. With products like Gyeon Preserve I can do the trim a few times a year. There are more durable products out there but I try to avoid having numerous bottles hanging around.
Agreed. I spray TWSNS on the cowl on every detail. It has been 3 years and cowl has not faded.

Back