Best PDF Modifying Software

I have new iMacs and need to find a great PDF modifying software. I need to convert to Word from PDF's. What I am doing is finding teaching
outlines I like but need to modify them for my classes in Romans. I tried one program and converted a PDF to Word and it really jumbled up
the letters and format. When I tried to insert a "K" it inserted a "0". The number "7" became a letter. Ok, I am a little ignorant and am relying
on some of you for direction. I paid $79.99 for this one PDF Reader Pro Lite and it didn't work as I expected. Apple reimbursed me which I thought was
awfully kind of them. I need direction.

Best? Acrobat Standard or Pro. Probably a little bit more pricey than you need though.
Edit: I guess Adobe lets you subscribe monthly to those now so if you need it temporarily sign up for 1 month and then cancel it.

Well, I can't purchase it through the MAC App store. It seems to cost $14.99 per month. I can't go that much and I am concerned how
it will work with a new iMac.

Well, I can't purchase it through the MAC App store. It seems to cost $14.99 per month. I can't go that much and I am concerned how
it will work with a new iMac.
Why do you need to buy it through the App Store? I use Acrobat Pro on mine, you can sign up for a 30 day trial and see if it performs as you expect it to.

Adobe Acrobat is by far. You will still most likely come across some format issues converting any PDF to DOC but it's pretty minimal compared to any other program; our 2013 Acrobat version is still better overall than any new PDF software my users or I have used.

Huh ? Adobe software and Macs go hand-in-hand with each other.
Somewhere in the deeper recesses of my brain, I seem to remember that Mac and Adobe were at war with each other. Or am I just
making this up in my head?

Why do you need to buy it through the App Store? I use Acrobat Pro on mine, you can sign up for a 30 day trial and see if it performs as you expect it to.
I only have one reason and that is I can always get a quick refund if I don't like a program I downloaded directly from the App Store.

Help educate me. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is not what I want, right?

Here is the screen shot of the PDF I am trying to get into Word (office 365) so I can modify it. Way to complicated for what I'm teaching.
Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 1.49.33 PM.png

I have new iMacs and need to find a great PDF modifying software. I need to convert to Word from PDF's. What I am doing is finding teaching
outlines I like but need to modify them for my classes in Romans. I tried one program and converted a PDF to Word and it really jumbled up
the letters and format. When I tried to insert a "K" it inserted a "0". The number "7" became a letter. Ok, I am a little ignorant and am relying
on some of you for direction. I paid $79.99 for this one PDF Reader Pro Lite and it didn't work as I expected. Apple reimbursed me which I thought was
awfully kind of them. I need direction.
Help educate me. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is not what I want, right?
Acrobat PRO is most likely what you want.

Warning - depending on how the PDF was created in the source document of yours (and also if editing was allowed and perhaps not password protected), you may or may not be able to edit and convert PDFs in all cases - if the PDF was created from text then editing in general could be possible ................ there are people out there that uses "cut and paste" methods from screen-grabs or whatever in graphic format, that no PDF editor will be able to edit because there simply is no text content to edit. In those cases you may also need a character recognition tool

If it says "reader", probably not.

I don't see regular "Adobe Acrobat" in the App Store at all. I see Acrobat Pro DC for $14.99/mo but it "requires annual committment" so that's $180 in reality (that's false advertising to me). Otherwise, there are endless non-Adobe options but no way to know which are good vs bad.

Do you have current MS Office ? Or maybe it's the Office 365 versions... They are supposed to be able to open PDFs and convert to DOC on-the-fly. There can always be compatibility glitches though so you can't expect 100% accurate conversions.

I have both Acrobat Pro and Nitro Pro ..................... and still run into editing hassles now and again:rolleyes:

I don't see regular "Adobe Acrobat" in the App Store at all. I see Acrobat Pro DC for $14.99/mo but it "requires annual committment" so that's $180 in reality (that's false advertising to me). Otherwise, there are endless non-Adobe options but no way to know which are good vs bad.

Do you have current MS Office ? Or maybe it's the Office 365 versions... They are supposed to be able to open PDFs and convert to DOC on-the-fly. There can always be compatibility glitches though so you can't expect 100% accurate conversions.
Thanks! I'll investigate Office 365 a little.

Acrobat PRO is most likely what you want.

Warning - depending on how the PDF was created in the source document of yours (and also if editing was allowed and perhaps not password protected), you may or may not be able to edit and convert PDFs in all cases - if the PDF was created from text then editing in general could be possible ................ there are people out there that uses "cut and paste" methods from screen-grabs or whatever in graphic format, that no PDF editor will be able to edit because there simply is no text content to edit. In those cases you may also need a character recognition tool
Acrobat, even Standard IIRC, does OCR.

HALL, YOU NAILED IT!!!!

Microsoft Office 365 converted the PDF's and did the 2 documents I checked perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I erased and added and twisted and turned like "going out of style". It is intuitive for me, think about it.....

You have saved me hours and hours of work.

I feel the weight lifted off my shoulders. If I were a drinker, I'd bust out beer right now and sing a toast to you.

You have no idea how happy I am.

I may have to end up with one of the Adobe programs but as of right now, I'm golden.

Thank all of you for your help!

Back