Modified 2.8 Duramax Rec

Hello. I've been lurking here for a while and have found a lots of useful info. I could use some assistance.

Forgive me if this is the wrong section. I wasnt sure if this should go here or maybe euro?

My farm truck has recently had the emissions system modified and I'm interested in oil options now that I'm not bound to the DEXOS2/low ash stuff. The hope is to find something that will prolong engine life and possibly extend OCI's.

This truck sees a little bit of everything, towing, highway, stop and go traffic, short trips, off-road, and four season weather.

I plan to send out my current DEXOS2 fill for analysis and will compare it to whatever I fill it with next.

Up until now this is what I've been using

My eye is currently on
Schaeffer's 8007

Amsoil signature series DHD
https://amsoilcontent.com/ams/lit/databulletins/g3467.pdf

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

I don't know if you've been following the EPA crackdown on modified diesel emissions systems, but if I were you, the last thing I would do is put it in writing on a public forum that you modified your after treatment system.
There was a guy in New Jersey they had to send his truck to the crusher because tring to sell with the egr missing.

I don't know if you've been following the EPA crackdown on modified diesel emissions systems, but if I were you, the last thing I would do is put it in writing on a public forum that you modified your after treatment system.
Agreed. I would edit you post to ask what full SAPS oil you prefer for a GM diesel or something like that.

Back