Best options for a good fuel economy pickup truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Olas
Hilux importer might interest you...

http://www.outbackimports.ca/hilux-crew.html

I don't know...
Quote:
If you would like to own one of these trucks, given the current state of the market, you will be looking at purchase price of no less than $24,000 CAD (plus applicable taxes, insurance, licensing fees, etc.) and probably quite a bit more in most cases. They are also quite uncommon to come across at the auctions in good shape, so the waiting time may easily extend into several months - so be very prepared to wait.

Might be an issue.

Hi-Just purchased a 17 Silverado crew cab 4.3 v6, 4wd, November 1, 2016 with over $6500 off sticker. Drove it to Arizona, got over 29mpg part of the trip, over 25 average, and it now has 4000 miles and all tanks have been over 20mpg. Not leather, but nicely equipped, tow capacity at 7200, and my wife is happy. Biggest feature she wanted was to get 3 in front seat to haul visitors around when they visit and that was the biggest limiting feature in choices. So far, so good, great driving vehicle for us. Bill

Originally Posted By: doublebase
Originally Posted By: Cujet
My good friend has the 2.7 powered F150. He drives the speed limit exactly and is extremely careful to achieve good mpg. 25mpg seems to be well within the norm for him. On longer trips he gets 27.

Really? I've never heard of anyone getting that mileage out of their Eco boost. Or is that not the Eco boost?

Yes, Ecoboost 2.7L. He does drive carefully, with the intention of maximizing MPG.

I've driven the truck and I'm impressed with the MPG also. I can achieve 22MPG from my 2011 3.5L EB F150 super-crew. But to do so, I must drive below 65MPH. Possible around here, especially on the longer back roads, but not so easy on the Interstate.

I remain impressed with the EB's MPG capability when driven carefully. However, the EB powered trucks will consume plenty of fuel while towing or driving fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back