"Best" Oil on FCP Euro for BMW (ll-01)

Occasionally I'll browse marketplace and you're right, the cheaper cars are ROUGH. Anything with plasti-dipped wheels, big rimZZ, or audio/significant electrical mods should be avoided.
Yeah, for sure. I've been looking for quite a while, and I haven't been able to find the right spec in manual.

I think I'll buy a 2011 328i RWD, no I drive,and if I want to, I could always manual swap, but I probably won't

Why no iDrive?
If you want to have a proper chance to find a good condition car (which
should be most important) you shouldn't narrow spec to much down.

Why no iDrive?
It's pretty outdated.

If I wanted a screen, I'd add one of those F30 style screens.

1652997633997.jpg

Why no iDrive?
iDrive takes away from the driving experience on the older cars and makes it feel more outdated. I just have a simple phone mount in mine. My phone will always have superior GPS, and the last thing you want on an old BMW is another place for the car to ding at you and show faults. :LOL:

Yeah, for sure. I've been looking for quite a while, and I haven't been able to find the right spec in manual.

I think I'll buy a 2011 328i RWD, no I drive,and if I want to, I could always manual swap, but I probably won't
Manual swap is a lot of work, both mechanically and coding. I've been pretty happy with my RWD auto. You could probably find a 6MT, but you'll need to expand your search to nation-wide.

iDrive takes away from the driving experience on the older cars and makes it feel more outdated. I just have a simple phone mount in mine. My phone will always have superior GPS, and the last thing you want on an old BMW is another place for the car to ding at you and show faults. :LOL:
Agree the i drive nav isn't nearly as good as a phone. But it's great for checking oil, service reminders, changing light and volume/tone and most important to me, scrolling thru about 100 music albums on a flash drive. And turning that wheel is so much better than trying to touch a screen on a car with a stiff suspension (mine is upgraded from stock).

Manual swap is a lot of work, both mechanically and coding. I've been pretty happy with my RWD auto. You could probably find a 6MT, but you'll need to expand your search to nation-wide.
Maybe next car.

Back