"Best" Oil on FCP Euro for BMW (ll-01)

If you want less understeer you need more front camber*. Quite similar to FWD that's harder to accomplish with xDrive. You can't fit M3 control arms like you'd do on a RWD E90/E92. Had an E92 xDrive from new once and left it stock. My next BMW has been RWD and if I'd get another one it'll be RWD too that's for sure.

*stock camber is just half a degree

more camber, more caster, stiffer (solid rubber instead of voided) bushings

>> more grip, less understeer, more precision, better steering feel, less wear

edyvw will know more. Too long ago I was deeper into that stuff. 🙃

What's your opinion on what year of the e90? Obviously 2010-2011 looks better, but they're harder to find
2009-2011 are the LCI years

They all good, just buy on condition and records.

Bonus points for good 2006 330i.

What's your opinion on what year of the e90? Obviously 2010-2011 looks better, but they're harder to find
Try to find after 04/2010. They have redesigned head to allow quicker oil drain from lifters.
Be patient if you can. I was looking for mine 1 1/2 years. I flew from CO to DC to pick it up.

Try to find after 04/2010. They have redesigned head to allow quicker oil drain from lifters.
Be patient if you can. I was looking for mine 1 1/2 years. I flew from CO to DC to pick it up.
I would love to wait. Maybe I'll just buy a 2011 328i auto, and then wait until I find the perfect spec for sale, then buy it, and sell the auto.

more camber, more caster, stiffer (solid rubber instead of voided) bushings

>> more grip, less understeer, more precision, better steering feel, less wear

edyvw will know more. Too long ago I was deeper into that stuff. 🙃
So big thing is utilizing M3 parts. And TRW (OE supplier for M) is relatively cheap. It is not stamped steal but forged aluminum. Also, bushings on thrust arms are solid rubber instead of hydro filling.
But there are other big differences.
RWD has alu. thrust arm (stamped) connecting to the front of the subframe. XDrive is steel connecting to the rear of much beefier subframe. Also, springs on xDrive are stiffer and thicker.
One thing where xDrive proved better are stout bearings and oil pan that bcs. axle goes through it, serves as baffle and is not as susceptible to drop in oil pressure on track under high G loads.

Camber is neutral on regular suspension. With M parts you get more that 1 degrees in the rear and some in front.

2009-2011 have the best styling in my opinion, since they are the LCI models, but I would buy one that is 2008-2011. In 2008 they redesigned the cylinder head as the earlier engines had issues with lifter tick. That said, there is a guy on the forums with a 2006 325i that has 400k+ miles on it. Manuals are fun, and I wish mine was manual, but good luck finding one. My RWD auto has been really fun, reliable, and easier to work on than the X-Drive cars. The RWD in my opinion also has better throttle response since there is less drivetrain lag, and I've driven them back to back as I have a friend with an E91 X-Drive and another with an E90 X-Drive.

2009-2011 have the best styling in my opinion, since they are the LCI models, but I would buy one that is 2008-2011. In 2008 they redesigned the cylinder head as the earlier engines had issues with lifter tick. That said, there is a guy on the forums with a 2006 325i that has 400k+ miles on it. Manuals are fun, and I wish mine was manual, but good luck finding one. My RWD auto has been really fun, reliable, and easier to work on than the X-Drive cars. The RWD in my opinion also has better throttle response since there is less drivetrain lag, and I've driven them back to back as I have a friend with an E91 X-Drive and another with an E90 X-Drive.
They redesigned head in 2010 again. It is not affecting longevity, it just has that annoying morning tick.
But, you are right, manuals are sold out it seems.

Camber is neutral on regular suspension. With M parts you get more that 1 degrees in the rear and some in front.

Euro spec for front camber is -0°30' according to my TIS derived documents
I checked yesterday before posting. Anyway, it's insuffcient for serious spirited
driving not to mention tracking as it'll destroy your tires rapidly. I do remember
TRW M3 replacements being the same just with the ///M removed.
LCI is the better car but there are some cost cuttings. One example are the sun
visors just being plastic instead of being fabric wrapped like the headliner.
Let me add I never liked the complexity of xDrive with the front diff next to the
oil pan and the drive shaft going through it or the shaft from the transfer case
routed along the transmission robbing foot space for the driver (actually xDrive
car mats are smaller).

I checked yesterday before posting. Anyway, it's insuffcient for serious spirited
driving not to mention tracking as it'll destroy your tires rapidly. I do remember
Let me add I never liked the complexity of xDrive with the front diff next to the
oil pan and the drive shaft going through it or the shaft from the transfer case
routed along the transmission robbing foot space for the driver (actually xDrive
car mats are smaller).
The sunvisor may have been some EU or UK models. The US LCI sun visors are wrapped in the headliner material.

car mats are smaller).
I will check the camber, but you are right, for some serious track stuff, you need camber plates.
Yes, TRW just has a scratched M logo, and they are 1/2 the price.
Considering oil pressure issues on the track in N54/55, this oil pan actually proved to be very useful, even though it is complex. As for foot space, it is no big deal, I do not even notice it. It is not dramatic as Lexus IS AWD.

It’s because people are smart and keep their E90 manuals.
True, but like any car that slightly attracts enthusiasts it also attracts the "I know what I go bro" sellers and their ridiculous prices. Just look at the prices for E91s. They didn't sell many because there wasn't much demand for wagons here, but if you want one, good luck. The sellers know whoever is looking for one is willing to pay up.

Above all, I'd find the best maintained one you can for the money with the least amount of options for simplicity. I'm glad mine doesn't have iDrive, I mean what the heck would I do with a Nav system from 2009? Lol

Back