"Best" Oil on FCP Euro for BMW (ll-01)

It is a skill, which means you can learn it. You will appreciate patience to learn it. Buy it, then you don’t have an option but to learn. Problem is finding one. That tells you everything.
Yeah, they're quite hard to fine. Would you get a 328 or 335?

Completely different driving experience NA vs turbo. 335i feels MUCH quicker.
An excellent condition E90 or preferably E92 335i is still a very satifying ride.
I'd rate condition over engine and spec whenever bying a used car though.

@edyvw :

Can you post pictures of your 2011 BMW 328i x -drive 6MT?

Would love to see the inside and outside of yours.

What's your favorite interior color?

My dad has black with saddle brown, and it's nice.

@edyvw :

Can you post pictures of your 2011 BMW 328i x -drive 6MT?

Would love to see the inside and outside of yours.

What's your favorite interior color?

My dad has black with saddle brown, and it's nice.
Getting 6MT with exact color you want is going to be hard. 328 E90 6MT might be most sought after used BMW. I was looking one that is sport package, no iDrive, xDrive it it had to have HiD’s. Everything else was no biggy as I did A LOT of upgrades on this car.

Here are two quick photos:
CBBAAF8F-6B3B-49A7-A423-74E85BAB7AF7.jpeg
495DAF45-C36F-4C23-B206-BE3C0E2AF72D.jpeg

Getting 6MT with exact color you want is going to be hard. 328 E90 6MT might be most sought after used BMW. I was looking one that is sport package, no iDrive, xDrive it it had to have HiD’s. Everything else was no biggy as I did A LOT of upgrades on this car.

Here are two quick photos:
View attachment 100351View attachment 100352
Sweet car!

Do you like the wood with the black? Seems like a lot of people wrap it.

How many miles does it have?

Sweet car!

Do you like the wood with the black? Seems like a lot of people wrap it.

How many miles does it have?
No I don’t like wood, but I left that for the last upgrade. I might stitch it into alcantra.
I got it with 80k, now has 120k.
1. I dud audio system from ground up (JL Audio amp, Pioneer amp for 8” Pioneer subwoofers under seats). 6 1/2 inch speakers on rear deck.
2. Polyurethane bushings in subframe.
3. M3 wishbones in the back.
4. Bilstein B6 dampers.
5. Oil cooler from N55.
6. Euro intake.
7. Currently only tune frome Bimmerlabs. 3 stage intake going in in few weeks.
8. Front brakes from F30 335 and rear from E82 135 going on in few weeks.
9. These are 17” from F30, still wearing out RFT’s I got on that BMW dealership put on. I am putting on these wheels snow tires next winter. For summer I already got 18” 397 style from F30 (next summer).

No I don’t like wood, but I left that for the last upgrade. I might stitch it into alcantra.
I got it with 80k, now has 120k.
1. I dud audio system from ground up (JL Audio amp, Pioneer amp for 8” Pioneer subwoofers under seats). 6 1/2 inch speakers on rear deck.
2. Polyurethane bushings in subframe.
3. M3 wishbones in the back.
4. Bilstein B6 dampers.
5. Oil cooler from N55.
6. Euro intake.
7. Currently only tune frome Bimmerlabs. 3 stage intake going in in few weeks.
8. Front brakes from F30 335 and rear from E82 135 going on in few weeks.
9. These are 17” from F30, still wearing out RFT’s I got on that BMW dealership put on. I am putting on these wheels snow tires next winter. For summer I already got 18” 397 style from F30 (next summer).
Awesome car! I won’t be tracking it, so I probably won’t be doing many mods. I’m not sure I’ll buy one in manual. There is a lot of traffic in my area, so I’m not sure about manual. But cool car! And awesome spec

Awesome car! I won’t be tracking it, so I probably won’t be doing many mods. I’m not sure I’ll buy one in manual. There is a lot of traffic in my area, so I’m not sure about manual. But cool car! And awesome spec
So for example, B6 dampers are normal height. I use car as DD, skiing etc. If you go xDrive, even if you get sport package, it will be base suspension. If you won’t track popular option is KONI Special Active Red which are but cheaper and more comfort oriented(still handling upgrade).
That is bcs. on E90 rear shocks are dead around 100k. So you will be doing it.
Other than that:
I refreshed all suspension, every single part.
Immediately refresh cooling system=hoses. It is not expensive. But two most important items are so called Mickey Mouse flange (go aluminum) and coolant reservoir (make sure you get 1.4psi cap).
Pay attention on OFHG. I would change serpentine belt immediately with tensioner. Reason is that if belt snaps due to age or OFHG leak on it or tensioner failes due to age or OFHG leak, it can get sucked in through front crank seal=game over.

Yeah, they're quite hard to fine. Would you get a 328 or 335?
328 if daily driver, 335 if you want a project to tinker with and tune.

I've used the Liqui-Moly 5w40 from FCP in my N51 powered 328i and had a great UOA that is posted somewhere on this site. Do you need X-Drive? I prefer RWD for simplicity and steering feel. I've had zero issues in New England snow in the mountains with just studless snow tires.

So for example, B6 dampers are normal height. I use car as DD, skiing etc. If you go xDrive, even if you get sport package, it will be base suspension. If you won’t track popular option is KONI Special Active Red which are but cheaper and more comfort oriented(still handling upgrade).
That is bcs. on E90 rear shocks are dead around 100k. So you will be doing it.
Other than that:
I refreshed all suspension, every single part.
Immediately refresh cooling system=hoses. It is not expensive. But two most important items are so called Mickey Mouse flange (go aluminum) and coolant reservoir (make sure you get 1.4psi cap).
Pay attention on OFHG. I would change serpentine belt immediately with tensioner. Reason is that if belt snaps due to age or OFHG leak on it or tensioner failes due to age or OFHG leak, it can get sucked in through front crank seal=game over.
Yeah, thanks for the advice!

Last year I helped my dad change: OFHG gasket, belt, tensioner and idler, and coolant expansion valve and upper and lower radiator hoses On his 2011 328i. He’ll probably need to do coils and spark plugs soon. And also transmission service kit and transfer case needs to be done. Also power steering fluid. I’ll also do brake fluid flush and oil change this summer on his car. Mom’s F25 x3 just got condensor and evaporator replaced at a shop. They said inner cabin filter was really clogged. And tensioner and belt needs to be replaced ASAP. Bummer is that the tensioner is out of stock everywhere, the INA one for 40 dollars. He also recommended that spark plugs be replaced, and air filter, and oil, and brake flush. He also noted that the OFHG is leaking. I’ll be changing the cabin air filter and belt and tensioner ASAP. ill work on the other items during the summer. I’ll also recommend that the transmission be service, and differential and transfer case be changed.

328 if daily driver, 335 if you want a project to tinker with and tune.

I've used the Liqui-Moly 5w40 from FCP in my N51 powered 328i and had a great UOA that is posted somewhere on this site. Do you need X-Drive? I prefer RWD for simplicity and steering feel. I've had zero issues in New England snow in the mountains with just studless snow tires.
I don’t need X-Drive. It’s just that most of them for sale have X-Drive. I’m assuming that 2011 is the best year to buy?

I don’t need X-Drive. It’s just that most of them for sale have X-Drive. I’m assuming that 2011 is the best year to buy?
RWD is way to go, unless you need x-drive. Steering feel is better, in my opinion.

But if you need it, you need it.

E90 has been one of my favorite daily drivers, 328i w/ manual transmission. Had a Mk7 GTI concurrently for a few years, and it was a great, fun car too.

Last edited:
RWD is way to go, unless you need x-drive. Steering feel is better, in my opinion.

But if you need it, you need it.

E90 had been one of my favorite daily drivers, 328i w/ manual transmission.
Nah, I don’t need X-Drive. it’s super hard to find everything you want in a particular model

RWD in that case! It is lighter and you can put M thrust arms in front.
It is lighter, less understeer, no TC to worry about.
Ok, thanks. I honestly don't have any problem with X-Drive.

Does this car under steer?

Ok, thanks. I honestly don't have any problem with X-Drive.

Does this car under steer?
Not nearly as others, but in xDrive you can feel that front wheels are driven. Still, it is heavily RWD biased, to the point where you won't have an issue fishtailing in slick. On the track, I managed to fishtail in dry hot weather on max performance tires.

Not nearly as others, but in xDrive you can feel that front wheels are driven. Still, it is heavily RWD biased, to the point where you won't have an issue fishtailing in slick. On the track, I managed to fishtail in dry hot weather on max performance tires.
Ok, thanks, I'll update when I buy one

What's your opinion on what year of the e90? Obviously 2010-2011 looks better, but they're harder to find

Back