BEST OIL FOR THE MONEY

Status
Not open for further replies.
what engine? total mileage? any towing? trip length average? many short trips, less than 10 miles?
who does maint. and oil changes? current engine condition?
your price point comfort zone? summer temps hot 100d F+, Lubbock Tx, winter temps moderate 10d F+
answer these ?'s to find the oil that fits your needs

I agree the Chevron is a good choice. If you want the best go with Syntec. You will find many disagree. But that is what this board is for...................
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by miked2:
Tough crowd westex. After read many posts on this very informative website, my answer would be Motorcraft Synthetic Blend. At less than $2.50 a quart it seems like cheap insurance.

This is the answer I ended up with. I have used mobil I for 20 years. I decided it was time to revaluate the cost benfit of using this oil.

I decided to go Motorcraft 5w-30 semi synth. At $2.07 per quart at my local walmart, it seemed like a steal.

I have a Toyota with a 2AZ-FE engine. I chamge the oil every 5000 miles on the nose.

I see no reason to use anything else in my situation.

I'll throw out a vote for Castrol GTX. I use Syntec in my daily drivers, and GTX in my Jeep because there are a lot of the UOA's on here show that the Castrol products produce very low wear metal numbers across a wide variety of vehicles. The GTX can usually be had for $1.19 to $1.59 after rebate every couple of months at Pep Boys, or you can get a 5 qt jug for $10 at Wally's with no rebate hassle....

Many times on this board people say:

TropArtic = MC Semi-Syn = Kendall. If this is true, TropArtic is 1.63 a quart at my Walmart. So why not that over MC?

I think the reason some don't suggest TropArtic over MC is because it isn't available everywhere. Hard to remember to recommend an oil if you've never seen it sold before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back