Best oil for my engine?

Hey guys just want to get the info needed an noone knows oils better than you guys. The car in question is a direct injection 2022 camaro ss 1le. I have installed a Thompson built darton sleeved diamond piston callies rods and crank 427 stroker. The engine builder recommends VR1 20w50 as he states thats what it was built to use. Im fine with that but i also am direct injected so dont know if theres an oil that would be better suited. Its a daily driver sees some E50 added with premium fuel. Gets driven spiritedly often but there are lots of stop and go, highway, and short trips. I always let it start up and run a good 5 to 10 mins to warm before driving it and bring up temps before shutting off or wot. Oil is changed every 3 to 4k with new filter just to be safe. Probably overkill as its not a track car just a fun car. Bearing clearances are rods are .0019, mains are .0032, and thrust is .006. Car has a mighty mouse wild catch can doesnt burn or use much oil in between changes. But was concerned with if im using the best for my car thanks guys.

Definitely a very specific use case.

Might take a couple of analysis in addition to a personalized recommendation to figure out if you really want to venture away from the builders recommendation.

While it's DI, it's a built DI tune, not a production DI tune. I could see it being much different than a lot of the DI stuff we see.

Only reason i ask is i wonder being a di if theres something better to keep deposits off the intake valves

Ive been using the vr1 and its a great oil only complaint is its a very stinky oil had to recirc my catch can cus i dont like smelling the vapors out the top of the can haha.

With the added Ethanol and possible oil dilution, I'd probably use Redline 10w60. I use it in my S85 powered M6, and Viper with forced induction, with good results.

You want an oil with low Noack that also includes alkylated napthalenes and esters. This will minimize the deposit potential and also give you the best shot available to minimize deposits.
Esters and alcohol don’t get along. HPL 5W40 BAS is specifically made to deal with fuel such as E50. But, I would still talk to Dave.

Esters and alcohol don’t get along. HPL 5W40 BAS is specifically made to deal with fuel such as E50. But, I would still talk to Dave.
When I spoke to Dave a while ago, he recommended the Premium Plus 5w40 for my high compression 565 that runs on E85.

Back