best oil for my car

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank ya much Im going out to put it in. But at least for now I know what oil to use thanks in large part to you great guys here! Thank ya again

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
It's a great oil. I am VERY surprised they didn't have the jugs of the Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck oil!

You'll be fine with the Rotella.

The HEB grocery store here carries Mobil 1 oils. They used to have the M1 5W40 TDT. Not sure if they still do though. They only wanted a bit over $5 a quart for it. They were cheaper than Walmart.

omg that's a $20,000 engine eh? i think it's specd for 5W-30 and the SSO should be fine on 10-11 sec 1/4 mile runs. i'd use a 5W-40 if takin it out on real track days

Just curious what is the general thoughts of like either 20/50 or straight 40 weight Valvoline VR1 looks pretty good with a great additive package as well. Im not hung up on using a synthetic being how long I let the oil stay in anyway.

I used VR1 20W50 this past summer and my car ran like a beast with it. Extremely smooth and quiet on WOT runs.

hum good to know I may have to give it a try one of these times looks promising

The new LS7 I am surprised that is a "new" motor .Big bucks there..Still I bet the clearances used put the motor into the 40wt area.

ok some need to reread my first post this is "NOT" an LS7 as they come from the factory. From the factory they are very very tight clearences and have cast hyper lightweight (translation brittle) pistons, lightweight decent titanium rods, (which are good but only if modded by Katech) and such. Mine on the other hand is an LS7 block, heads, and intake, but I have upgraded the intake with a ported version, upgraded the heads with titanium retainers and dual extreme springs factory sucks springs break and steel retainers. Forged 4340 steel H-beam callies rods, Forged 4340 coated Mahle pistons with low drag 1.5mm rings, Forged 4340 crank. While this does not let it spin up as fast and costs me about 20 rwhp due to the heavier weight I have a very stout bottom end. The clearances are tight but not as tight as stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back