Best oil filter for a camry 2.4 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been a fram fan but looks like a good one. The price is right too.

Yea man its good stuff. Not that it would factor too much in my decision but the k&n is made in South Korea vs made in USA for the fram and wix.

I am not a fram guy either but so far i am liking the ultra. The ultra is made very well and are nothing like their other filters.

Yes toyota genuine filter looks very good. I'm going to post pic of my k/n filter after 15.000. M1 EP 0w20

Last edited:
Yeah man check out the Fram Ultra cut and post pics on here... Always stout and look very good. I agree with SumpChump that a Toyota filter may well be up to 15k miles as well in a known clean motor. If you can get the Toyota filters for a good price that may well be an option too. The Fram Ultra for $9 plus tax at Wally world is hard to beat.
Fram really has stepped up and hit the proverbial homerun with their Ultra filters.

Last edited:
Subscribe & Save with Amazon and put on on your Amazon card get 3% back your cost $6.24 + no sales tax free shipping with prime for the FRAM XG9972 ULTRA

OR

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Scion-Filter-Case-04152-YZZA1/dp/B007QVVV7M/ref=sr_1_7?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1447560450&vehicle=2014-76-1011-971--1-6-5-21155--1-1---4-0&sr=1-7&ymm=2014%3Atoyota%3Acamry

Never mind guys, it's one of those cartridge filters. Can't use a Fram Ultra. What a shame.
frown.gif

OEM filters cost $5.41 at the dealership and they're hard to beat. The K&N from Wal-Mart appears identical to the OEM except the color (pink). OEM is made in Thailand, K&N is made in Korea. Both will serve the OP for his intended purpose.

I buy the K&N simply for convenience. The drain device that comes with the filter is identical to OEM and works as intended.

Fram Ultra XG9972
Wix 57047 (Napa 7047)
Wix XP 57047 XP (Napa 47047)
Mahle OX414D1
Mann HU 7019z

M1 M1C-251 is also a good choice if it's included with the M1 oil change bundles.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
The efficiency of the oem is around 50%, where the Ultra is about 99% iirc.

Where have you seen published efficiency ratings for the OEM? I've never seen them anywhere except that old Amsoil chart that gets trotted out every so often. Have you seen actual manufacturer ratings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back