Best line from Craigslist or Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran great last year, just needs a tune-up
grin.gif

My absolute favorite question is "what is your rock bottom low dollar on this......When they havent seen it yet. My favorite response "I dont know, what is the most you will pay"? Like someone else wrote "sometimes buyers are just too serious!! Dan

My favorite:

You ask specific questions (because you're hours away) on something's completeness to make sure its worth the drive, get confirmation from the seller its complete, drive 2+ hours to the seller and find its missing the exact NAMED parts you asked about...and the seller is "firm on price" because he was told "they are worth a lot more than his asking price..."

Don't waste a buyer's time if you don't have all the pieces...

I like the craigslist car adds for modded cars. The add tells you almost nothing of the car itself and goes into great details about the AMP, Subs, rims, ect ect..

here are a few I've seen recently:

"Have the title, but can't find it"
crazy.gif

"only has 70k miles, odometer stopped working a few years ago"

"cuts great, but needs new blades"

"got 40 mpg when it ran"

"has been very reliable, many new parts"

Or when you go to look at a car and the guy states the tires are in good shape but they have almost no tread left.

When you look at a snowblower and the guy says "it runs great" but he won't start it for you since it doesn't have any gas in it.

When people act like they know exactly how much a car is worth when they don't even know what engine it has in it.

"This was my project car, but now I don't have time to finish it!"

Translates into.... I'm way over my head in this, somehow the fuel line goes into the exhaust, not the intake. Half the wires are missing. Didn't tune the engine before cranking it and now has a few bent valves and a rod and the engine has mounts for an automatic transmission, not for the manual transmission that I jerry-rigged into the engine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back