Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Satriani - Rubina:

Reb Beach - Black Magic:

Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing, Brothers in Arms, and many others

Gary Moore - Over the Hills and Far Away:

Gary Moore - Wild Frontier:

Neal Schon - Night Spirit

Eddie Van Halen, yes! Clapton on the Beatle's "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," Jimmy Page on "Stairway," Randy Rhodes on pretty much any song is fantastic.

Picking a favorite guitar solo is like picking the sexiest woman in the world......it's impossible to do!

But if I had to it would be something by David Gilmour, probably the solo from "Time"....or the something from "Animals"....or maybe......see.

Second choice would be that dude VaughnMalmsteenHalenAtkinski....lol

edited because somebody HAS to give a nod to the late great Randy Rhoades...."Crazy Train" . Both he and SRV left us far too soon....sucks!

Last edited:
David Gilmour's solo in Comfortably Numb

(especially from 1988 Live CD "Delicate sound of thunder" - best version of the song EVER! (imo) - it's on youtube I think)

Originally Posted By: buster
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Eric Johnson on the last minute of "Desert Rose"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWwNH3AhZDQ

Amazing song.

1:40-2:35 and 3:20 onwards is complete guitar bliss.

Eric Johnson is awesome.

cheers3.gif

I can't believe nobody mentioned Steve Vai here! I personally think he has done some of the most unique guitar solos out there. He's not only a fast player but his stuff just has so much feeling and musicality to it. I don't think there are many guitar players in the world that could duplicate any of his solos.

No way I can pin down my favorite solos.

There is no such thing as a "best" player either ONLY favorites.

Speed is nothing without soul.

EVH can hang with anyone but much of his work is just flat out generic.

My favorite players:
David Gilmour
Slash
Brian May
Jeff Cook (Alabama)
Duane Allman
Jeff Beck
Mark Knophler

Steve Rothery (of Marillion) plays a great solo in the song "easter" (album version; radio edit and video cuts it by half) but he sucks playing it live.

Some great names mentioned already Stevie Ray,Clapton,Hendrix,Gilmour, ECT......... I'll throw in my favorite....Angus Young... Ride-on... GREAT SOLO in that song!!

You can't mention Angus and not talk about Malcolm so check out the song "Show Business" another great solo but this is played by brother Malcolm and NOT Angus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back