Best Engine Cleaning Additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skyship seems to accept some sort of idle only engine flushes about HALF OF THE TIME. Although he does not seem to go into much detail about that. He really likes the idea of removing the oil pan to physically clean a dirty engine.

He seems pretty leery about using a moly supplement although his UOAs that he linked to do not seem to support his dislike of moly supplements.

Pretty much with Skyship the message is just use good quality motor oil and no oil supplements or engine cleaners, especially drive around engine cleaners (remember the runaway turbo car).

But talk to Skyship long enough and he might tell you about gold dust as a motor oil additive.

Or he will mention the good old chap who was testing one additive at a time in 30 weight motor oil.

And Skyship meets with the chaps in the labs on a regular basis. So I suppose Skyship is the top expert here when it comes to motor oil.

Here is my favorite. Hydrotex Essentialube

Advanced formula blending agent. Can be used in fuel and with oil. Contains no metallic additives and is based on a nitrogen formulation mixed with a solvent. Run 2 ounces per quart of oil for a week and dump oil. This is the real deal. It will break up varnish deposits and remove carbon and clean up ring packs. Can be purchased at Essential lube.com

Here is the way I see it.

1) Up to a 100k mile engine (or more) thats caked with gunk (read thats still running fine), there is no reason to flush. Oil being pushed through he engine will keep those passages clean. Its usually the non moving undisturbed parts that get caked up.

2) The only thing that needs to be watched out for is drainback holes. If they are clogged, go to step 5.

3) Car manufacturers know about 1 and 2, that is why they recommend oil and oil changes, amongst other reasons. This keeps the engine "usually" clean for the warrantee period.

4) Most importantly, Car manufactures do not want us to use oil flushes for reasons 1,2 and 3 but specifically, they do not want ot deal with some yo yo dumping [censored] in the oil, leaving it there longer than necessary and destroying an engine. Its not always easy to tell what kills an engine and or its seals.

5) If the oil passages are clogging up, it would be silly to wait it out starving the engine of returned oil. Its makes much more sense to go in and pull the valve cover and clean everything up, or, in the least, try not to disturb too much and just clean the return holes.

6) While it is in our behavior to want to clean clean clean, if we disturb too much gunk in the engine at one time, it can and will overwhelm the oil and then form in other places like the pan, clogging pickup screens and oil filters.

Final summary:

Do flushes hurt seals and engine parts? In general I do not think so if you are careful with them and dont use something stupid like liquid draino, but, I dont think they are needed. By the time they are needed (the harsh ones), its too late anyways.

Lastly, as mentioned, I would never advocate a harsh flush without knowing all the facts of the engines position, which, by then you will have it all torn down (valve cover and or oil pan) anyways to see what the problem is.

Conclusion:

Either go into the valve cover and or oil pan for inspection, or, if the car is running good, use a good oil like Redline or Penzoil Plus and change frequently.

Last edited:
Sikpupy,

Blanket statements like you used above simply do not account for the tremendous amount of variables in the world among the MILLIONS of cars with MILLIONS of drivers in essentially unique duty cycles.

We have used Kreen here with nearly miraculous results in fleet trucks. But that's no guarantee it will work for the next guy's problem.

What are these "miraculous results"? Did you get your engine to rebuild itself? What blanket statement are you talking about?

"unique duty cycles." Doesnt matter. Sludge is sludge no matter how it gets there and there are only so many ways to clean it back out, which, are not many.

I never said engine flushes do not flush the engine. I said doing so can really screw up you car if you do it too fast amongst other things.

Last edited:
Sikpupy
This thread has been dead and gone for quite some time now. What page exactly did you find it on.
Regardless after 7 posts your an expert so let us all listen to your infinite wisdom.

Which banned member are you. Markstock maybe,cpo of even sunkship since I haven't seen his latest alter ego lately.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Sikpupy
This thread has been dead and gone for quite some time now. What page exactly did you find it on.
Regardless after 7 posts your an expert so let us all listen to your infinite wisdom.

Which banned member are you. Markstock maybe,cpo of even sunkship since I haven't seen his latest alter ego lately.

I haven't been around much lately, is this another reincarnate?

Skyship/Bodensee/Swissdieselfan is gone from the User List so maybe he has returned. The other two are still here according to the User List but they could of course use more than one user name. Oops! Maybe I should not give them any ideas. It would be kind of funny seeing one of them with more than one user name arguing with themselves. But on the other hand one of them already does that anyway at the website he created.

You have to admit that the re-runs do provide entertainment value here. I liked the original Skyship user name myself. I suppose he could come back with 100 user names and then he could have himself agree with himself that a person should just read the owner's manual, use only high quality motor oils, and don't use any engine cleaners or oil supplements except perhaps for whatever engine flushes Skyship thinks are okay to use.

Maybe there should be a prize for the re-run that comes back with the most user names.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mystic

Maybe there should be a prize for the re-run that comes back with the most user names.

No. How about a prize for the member who nails the reincarnate first?

Yeah, that would be better. Usually the re-runs can be identified within their first few posts. They may try to write in a different style or whatever, but there are reasons these guys keep getting banned or leaving on their own and their contempt for other members here, their hatred and arrogance usually comes out even if they try to disguise how they write.

One of these re-runs I was able to trace on the internet. He was even using the same user name (a pretty unique one) at more than one website. The guy has a website where he apparently talks to himself. There certainly are very few members there and aside from his own user name (which was the user name he used the first time he was a member here) there were a couple of administrators and they would have to be him probably since he created the website.

I traced another hate filled guy here on the internet. He had a very unique user name. He was attacking people at websites all over the internet. He claimed when he was here that he was a scientist but at one website he was talking about how he nearly dropped a car on himself when he used only the jack intended for changing tires.

It is entertaining to find out about some of these guys who are so filled with hate, contempt for other people, and arrogance and you find out they don't have enough sense to properly support a vehicle for an oil change.

I nailed one a few weeks back on his first post. I wonder if/when he'll chime in and target me again. LOL

Good job. If we keep exposing these re-runs every time they come back maybe they will leave for good. Skyship sure could not disguise himself very well. Same old tune-over and over and over and over.

Good job. If we keep exposing these re-runs every time they come back maybe they will leave for good. Skyship sure could not disguise himself very well. Same old tune-over and over and over and over.

Hehehe. Yep.
Ifs funny. Most of us,although we disagree manage to get along just fine. I mean come on,its the Internet.
Mystic,who almost dropped a car on themselves. Musta been stinkship

Actually, no it was not Skyship. Even Skyship is better than that. But it was another hater who liked to attack people here. And who liked to hate. The guy thought he was smarter than anybody else but he used the same strange user name all over the internet. The chances of somebody else stumbling on that same user name and using it are probably at least several thousand to one. And there were other things to help identify him as well. At his strange Photo Bucket website there were photographs of the same expensive motor oil that he had talked about using as a member here. And apparently one of his favorite sayings-'Haters love to hate.'

But probably the worse one was Mori, who has probably come back a few times. I wish I could say more but I think I will stay quiet. I have seen his website. Very strange and disturbing.

Actually, no it was not Skyship. Even Skyship is better than that. But it was another hater who liked to attack people here. And who liked to hate. The guy thought he was smarter than anybody else but he used the same strange user name all over the internet. The chances of somebody else stumbling on that same user name and using it are probably at least several thousand to one. And there were other things to help identify him as well. At his strange Photo Bucket website there were photographs of the same expensive motor oil that he had talked about using as a member here. And apparently one of his favorite sayings-'Haters love to hate.'

But probably the worse one was Mori, who has probably come back a few times. I wish I could say more but I think I will stay quiet. I have seen his website. Very strange and disturbing.

Website?Mori?
Please pm me on how to find that.
Thank you.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Dang, should of had this when I nailed Pontiac Fan
grin.gif

Last edited:
That guy is still here I think. You know what user name he is using now, right? He is still here but staying quiet.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Dang, should of had this when I nailed Pontiac Fan
grin.gif

LOL You're right, but that's in the past, lets see who you can nail now. I'm pretty sure one very popular reincarnate will be rearing his ugly head soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back