Best deal on canned premix fuel?

Even modern carbs go bad with ethanol based fuel. 1990's or not it will still wreck havoc on OPE. Briggs has an all plastic carb that still plugs up.

There are 3 issues with ethanol based fuel:
1.) Benzene - ruins diaphragms and plastics.
2.) Is hygroscopic, (loves to absorb water).
3.) The longer it sits the more corrosive it gets.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say to fuel their 2-stroke powered machines.

But seriously, some people don't mind paying for convenience.
I guess that is a good reason. I use 15 gallons of premix a year at times running pump gang on 20 year old equipment with out problems!!! I must be doing something wrong.

I go to my local marina because I can get E0 89 octane there for 4 bucks a gallon. A local cub cadet/echo dealer in town has E0 87 for 2.99/gal

If none of that is available for you, VP sells their SEF in 5 gallon pales

best price for canned fuel is Aspen 50:1 at Cabellas.. [ well north of 40.. anyways...]
its 7.99 per can.. reg price...
otherwise compared to 10.00 a can for VP at CdnTire.. which goes on sale for 8.00 as well.. but you need to wait for the sale.

For alkylate fuel the cheapest I have seen is the store brand at Home Depot where they charge $3.99 per quart if you buy 8 quarts. I personally buy VP SEF in the 5 gallon can from ACE hardware for $80. I like to mix my own 2-cycle oil so I buy the 4-cycle fuel with no oil in it.

If you're getting alkylate fuel for $13.99 per gallon I'd love to know where. That is by far the best deal I've ever seen.
FYI the HD Power Care brand is VP SEF fuel. Go to the home depot product page and click on the SDS/MSDS it is just the VP SEF one.
Our price locally is $4.48 with the 10% discount - still makes it the cheapest canned fuel I can find.

bit of a thread bump, as I've been searching for canned fuel deals. (if you have Rural King locally, they have clearance Sunoco)

Last edited:
Looking to get multiple gallons of some sort of ethanol free premix for OPE (ex: Stihl MotoMix, VP SEF, etc). I do not see anything cheaper than 13.XX/gallon factoring in coupons, sales, buying a 5 gallon pail. Am I missing something or does anyone have a lead? Thanks in advance.
if you want/need a larger order, Zoro has a deal on gallon sized VP SEF - must buy 12 gal though, find a 15% off coupon and it comes out to $12.43/gal shipped.
https://www.zoro.com/vp-small-engine-fuels-small-engine-fuel-4-cycle-1-gal-pk4-62014/i/G3794693/
15% off (tip - put it in your cart and leave, they'll email you a 15% off coupon) AC15BBYDQ6CAF
Further discount - if you use that Rakuten $20 referral link in my sig, you'll get $20 cashback + 2% resulting in a net, net price of ~ $10.51/gal + tax

Bought 3 gallons of VP SEF at WalMart on clearance. Should be enough to do me until next year when WM puts it on clearance again.

Oh.....$10/gal for the first one. Went back the next morning and bought two more...price was $9/gal and I bought two.

I went through a phase for the last two years. I made my own E0. 32oz of water in with 5 gallons of 93 E10. Mix then drain the water out. Worked well but didn’t last long replaced the carb on my power washer. My 2 cycle was stalling. I went back to just 93 E10. I keep enough fuel to last three months or so.

Looking to get multiple gallons of some sort of ethanol free premix for OPE (ex: Stihl MotoMix, VP SEF, etc). I do not see anything cheaper than 13.XX/gallon factoring in coupons, sales, buying a 5 gallon pail. Am I missing something or does anyone have a lead? Thanks in advance.

No, I do not want to use XXX, or hear "ethanol fuel is ok" or "if you use XXX additive." Just looking for the canned.
I have used E0 pump gas, but it is far away and doesn't keep as long as the canned stuff. 100LL Avgas... don't wanna breathe in lead from exhaust, not using E10, nor some hilbilly method of mixing it with tap water to remove the ethanol.
How many gallons are you looking for? For snowmobile?

if you want/need a larger order, Zoro has a deal on gallon sized VP SEF - must buy 12 gal though, find a 15% off coupon and it comes out to $12.43/gal shipped.
https://www.zoro.com/vp-small-engine-fuels-small-engine-fuel-4-cycle-1-gal-pk4-62014/i/G3794693/
15% off (tip - put it in your cart and leave, they'll email you a 15% off coupon) AC15BBYDQ6CAF
Further discount - if you use that Rakuten $20 referral link in my sig, you'll get $20 cashback + 2% resulting in a net, net price of ~ $10.51/gal + tax
Thanks for that tip.

Back