Best deal on canned premix fuel?

Looking to get multiple gallons of some sort of ethanol free premix for OPE (ex: Stihl MotoMix, VP SEF, etc). I do not see anything cheaper than 13.XX/gallon factoring in coupons, sales, buying a 5 gallon pail. Am I missing something or does anyone have a lead? Thanks in advance.

No, I do not want to use XXX, or hear "ethanol fuel is ok" or "if you use XXX additive." Just looking for the canned.
I have used E0 pump gas, but it is far away and doesn't keep as long as the canned stuff. 100LL Avgas... don't wanna breathe in lead from exhaust, not using E10, nor some hilbilly method of mixing it with tap water to remove the ethanol.

When you say "premix" we have to assume that you mean fuel for 2-cycle engines. $13/gal. seems very reasonable for that; much better than you could do at Home Depot or Lowe's.

its when you buy the 5 gallon drum.

which brings up how fast do you use it that e0 goes back but you use 5gal pail of premix?

I buy 1 gallon at a time of ethanol free rec fuel 90 octane..

Around this time of year is when HD and Lowes start clearancing out the TruFuel. Gotta go to the store and check for stock and that magical yellow markdown sticker...

I purchase C9 from my local VPRacing fuel dealer who stocks just about the entire lineup. I purchase in 5gallon pail at $63.00 it’s a 4stroke race and storage fuel use it as a shutdown fuel and blend my 2strokes with it. I think I’m lucky to have a large dealer litterly next door to make it easy and pay no shipping costs is a big savings.
Note I pick this over the SEF lineup as better value and I believe overall fuel spec wise.

Try calling your local fuel distributor....

Ask for no ethanol gas, make sure they understand “not for motor vehicle use”
and minimum quantity delivered, along with cost...

50 and 100 gallon fuel tanks can be bought at a Farm Store...

I get 85 octane, no ethanol, from mine...

A 5 gallon pale of premix keeps, but E0 in a gas can will not? You sure you don’t want the smaller individual quarts?

Looking on eBay, $13 a gallon seems fair minus the mentioned sales and clearances.

Why waste your time with that expensive crap. Take 93 octane E10, add 32 oz of water in a gas can with a drain spout at the bottom. Ethanol and water mix but the fuel doesn’t. Drain the water out till you see water/ethanol and fuel. I’ve been told it makes 90 or so octane. My 160 runs great on it. Even in the Texas heat. My 2 cycle is the same way with Amsoil Saber at 80-90:1. Going on two years without harm.

Lucky we can get E0 here in NY. I only have one 2-stroke, a Husqvarna chain saw, after getting a 4 cycle trimmer and selling my Harbor Freight generator. I just mixed a healthy shot of oil to half a gallon of E0. Seems to run fine, even after a year of sitting.

Any of these steps in any order should do it.....

1.) Move to just a about any other state than taxachusetts.
2.) Obtain a (clean) metal gas can and make the drive to get ethanol free fuel.
3.) Use a 2 stoke oil at the ratio you want and pick an oil that has the stabilizer in it.
4.) Contact a local petroleum supplier and see if they can provide 5 gal or small drums.
5.) Contact other members to ship you ethanol free in approved shipping containers.

Why waste your time with that expensive crap. Take 93 octane E10, add 32 oz of water in a gas can with a drain spout at the bottom. Ethanol and water mix but the fuel doesn’t. Drain the water out till you see water/ethanol and fuel. I’ve been told it makes 90 or so octane. My 160 runs great on it. Even in the Texas heat. My 2 cycle is the same way with Amsoil Saber at 80-90:1. Going on two years without harm.
This isn't the i990s where alcohol in the gas is a problem for ope .

For alkylate fuel the cheapest I have seen is the store brand at Home Depot where they charge $3.99 per quart if you buy 8 quarts. I personally buy VP SEF in the 5 gallon can from ACE hardware for $80. I like to mix my own 2-cycle oil so I buy the 4-cycle fuel with no oil in it.

If you're getting alkylate fuel for $13.99 per gallon I'd love to know where. That is by far the best deal I've ever seen.

Back