Best Buy raised the price on laptop $20 overnight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is kind of a dumb and personal question but if your GF/Roomie is out of the picture then what are you doing for rent? Here we are quibbling about cars and computers but a flat near Baaahston ain't cheap.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
This is kind of a dumb and personal question but if your GF/Roomie is out of the picture then what are you doing for rent? Here we are quibbling about cars and computers but a flat near Baaahston ain't cheap.

I am still figuring all that out, and I am still sore about the situation. I am sure you remember the thread. I don't have anything bad to say about her, except.. that it may be time to move on.

So, I am sorry for the dumb answer, but.. I don't know, eljef.

And I know I want a laptop, but that refund hasn't come yet and I may need to forget about this one. Though that was a good price.. i suspect BestBuy will sell out, they undercut Amazon.com by previously $90 and now $70 dollars for this unit. I like it.

Question is, can I make it work for me...

Originally Posted By: GearheadTool
I don't have anything bad to say about her, except.. that it may be time to move on.

But does she have anything bad to say about you? I mean, you annihilated her Volvo and are probably not planning to fix it. So you're just running away from the mess you made?

Want a deal on a used laptop? This is where I buy all of my computers for my business:

https://www.dellauction.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/LogonForm?merchant_rn=75267554&url=/

I am typing this on a M90 precision with 17" screen and 4GB Ram that I paid peanuts for. It ran 21 months and I replaced the HD for another $49. That was a year ago. Built a $16,000 server for my business off this site for $2100. Learn to upgrade your own computer systems and save big time.

Every week there is another 250~300 dollar laptop. Don't sweat not buying this one. Get out of credit card debt, don't add to it.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I don't have anything bad to say about her, except.. that it may be time to move on.

But does she have anything bad to say about you? I mean, you annihilated her Volvo and are probably not planning to fix it. So you're just running away from the mess you made?

That's pretty presumptuous to say. Do you know anything about it at all?? Volvo/non-Volvo? Probably nothing beyond what you've read on here, so.

Now, let me check out that discounted computer site.

Originally Posted By: bepperb
Every week there is another 250~300 dollar laptop. Don't sweat not buying this one. Get out of credit card debt, don't add to it.

Sounds good. I always get soo excited when I see these deals!
smile.gif

That's pretty presumptuous to say. Do you know anything about it at all?? Volvo/non-Volvo? Probably nothing beyond what you've read on here, so.

Why don't you clarify it for us then? Now's your chance to set the record straight and man up.

Slickdeals.net is a forum for nothing but the best deals on any product you can think of. There are computer deals posted all of the time.

I do recommend paying down debt over purchasing toys, been there myself when an ex stole 15k in savings, our '03 Camry XLE, and left me with CC debt. Computers are cheap ways to enjoy yourself so they can be worth it, depends on situation. These deals will happen again and again.

microcenter has some kind of 279$ every month almost.

they also have refurb desktops with w7 for around 150$

On the converse would you post and complain if it dropped $20 overnite. When I was buying an SSD drive they price varied $40 ($199-$240) over a week. I paid $230 unfortunately as I did not bite on the $199.

Worst price jump I ran across was a $799 pressure washer that jumped to $999 from a Monday to a Tuesday. I put that purchase off by one day because the wife had the Home Depot credit card on her (and I can't resist free money as in no interest credit). Darned when I went to buy it the next morning if it didn't jump $200 in the previous 12 hours.

Is the Best Buy online price cheaper than the store price? I got the laptop I'm looking at this thread on from there. The online price was cheaper. Walked in to the store, found it, took it to the cash register and it rang up at the store price. Told the cashier that the online price was cheaper, boom, online price at the cash register, no questions asked and no salesperson involved.

My BB laptop was $50 more in store because it had been molested improved by "Nerd Herd" or something. Cashier was able to take it off by asking politely and pointing out there weren't any "flyer specials" on the shelf that had avoided that treatment.

Originally Posted By: ms21043
Is the Best Buy online price cheaper than the store price? I got the laptop I'm looking at this thread on from there. The online price was cheaper. Walked in to the store, found it, took it to the cash register and it rang up at the store price. Told the cashier that the online price was cheaper, boom, online price at the cash register, no questions asked and no salesperson involved.

Ooo! hey, check this out.. It's $289 now!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+15.6%...=specifications

So let's see what it is at in a week... If I can figure out if this will be useful for me. Maybe,, maybe not. Remains to be seen...

Originally Posted By: ms21043

Ooo! hey, check this out.. It's $289 now!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+15.6%...=specifications

So let's see what it is at in a week... If I can figure out if this will be useful for me. Maybe,, maybe not. Remains to be seen...

I am printing this out this time. A $10 hit is better than a $20 hit.. IF i want to get the laptop. Havent decided yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back