Best Buy raised the price on laptop $20 overnight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need a NEW laptop!

That implies that you already have one.
Foodstamps and luxury items like smartphones and laptops don't mix. Get your [censored] priorities and finances in order.

Originally Posted By: surfstar

Foodstamps and luxury items like smartphones and laptops don't mix. Get your [censored] priorities and finances in order.

New vs USED!

Originally Posted By: GearheadTool

New vs USED!

Well then, only buy used if the timing belt was recently changed.

Apparently you don't realize how difficult it is to do much without a computer these days. I can't remember the last time I paid a bill with a paper check. I pay everything online. If taking classes, most stuff has to be done online and it's not always practical to do it at the library or whatever. If he was talking about getting a $1000 laptop I might agree with you. But for a $300 one? Give him a break.

Originally Posted By: Nick R

Apparently you don't realize how difficult it is to do much without a computer these days. I can't remember the last time I paid a bill with a paper check. I pay everything online. If taking classes, most stuff has to be done online and it's not always practical to do it at the library or whatever. If he was talking about getting a $1000 laptop I might agree with you. But for a $300 one? Give him a break.

Nick, Surfstar is just trying to be a [censored]. he tries his best to mouth off. Basically, if I don't do EXACTLY a she says with my money, then it's my fault about timing belts. he can't let that one go. It's ok. I don't care. Not sure why he is all salty about it, but that is his problem, not mine. He may even feel some "California entitlement" in the matter. That is his problem, too. I've gotten, in enough trouble before, so I'll leave it tat that. Interesting what his retort will be, though.. I'm curious.

Starting to think that there is ALWAYS a deal t obe had on a laptop?

I know all about laptops.

LOL
The only reason I bring up the timing belt, is b/c it was the running joke on BITOG. I've always been lax in getting mine changed.

Wasn't there a recent thread on a Dell refurb or closeout that was a great deal? If you need one: $250 is good. $200 or less is worth jumping on.

LOL
The only reason I bring up the timing belt, is b/c it was the running joke on BITOG. I've always been lax in getting mine changed.

Wasn't there a recent thread on a Dell refurb or closeout that was a great deal? If you need one: $250 is good. $200 or less is worth jumping on.

I see them (used laptops) go on Ebay for ~$230 or so. I have been looking there too

Acer, Asus are what I look at firs.t Everybody hates Acer, but I have had a few and they aren't bad.

A few laptops and you're only 29? What's the mean time before failure? Do you need a laptop in the field where you work? Will this be a desktop replacement?

I'm typing this on an ugly emachines desktop that I got for $200 on black friday 2003 and have maintained and upgraded since then. You could get a desktop computer at goodwill for $20 that pays your bills and gets you on BITOG.

FTR, I've had poor luck with modern gateway/acer netbooks. Maybe their full size laptops are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back