Best Buy is now Worst Buy for applicances

Had a good experience with Lowes, they advertise same day installation of water heaters, mine finally crapped out after 25 yrs of service, went to the store to pic out another AO Smith heater, bought the heater and the sales guy set up my install but the contractor said it wouldn't be till tomorrow as he was booked, needless to say I left a little annoyed but it was summer and a cool shower couldn't be bad. Later that night get a call from Lowes, they had a cancellation and if I was open to the install tonight which was 9PM, needless to say wife was very happy to take a hot shower as was I. :)

Completely depends on your local BB and contractor. Had a dryer delivered last year. Everything went as promised and no issues. The delivery guys were friendly and helpful. Same experience with the Lowe's guys on the washer (one retailer had the dryer in stock, the other the washer, and we needed them right now, so two retailers and deliveries it was.

Sears was the last retailer that royally fouled delivery up. It was no wonder they went out of business...

I don't think there are many alternatives to Best Buy. All of these vendors had outsourced delivery and installation for appliances I've purchased in the last 10 years at least.

The Best Buy salesman here know nothing about appliances. Do your research,go look at what they have in person and decide what direction to go from there.

I went to sears about 10 years back to buy a flat screen TV. It would have fit in my car just fine, one man could lift it, etc.

The salesguy in the showroom said "I cannot sell you this TV now. The warehouse is closed."

Sears spent all that money on a mall location but hid the merch a few blocks away in a warehouse with hours that didn't match the main store's.

And, in the interim, we see where this has gotten them.

People rag on Walmart and Amazon but their logistics get a passing grade.
Wow, I thought the sears warehouse hours sillyness was just a local thing...
We normally just pickup everything ourselves, as we live out in the country and I'm in town often so I'm not making a special trip for it. Even our 20 cuft freezer and normal size fridge wasn't a big deal for two of us to move in onto the main floor.

The old school mom and pop appliance stores were the best! I remember still seeing them in the mid 1980s. They always had the really high end stuff.

YMMV on this one. I had a laundry set delivered from BBY a couple of years ago, very pleased. They also don't contract here, it's employees from in the local store.

Back