Best Buy is now Worst Buy for applicances

I should have known better with their delivery antics told from friends. They contract out to a not so local company who can't speak english in the least. This isn't a problem in it's own right but when all you can do is scream into the phone BEST BUY! on repeat. Ya you're gonna piss someone off(wife). Send a text to my wife 3 mins before showing up and don't even ring the doorbell? Wait 2 mins & leave. Yup order cancelled...

Sigh, this is why I like picking everything up myself.

Last edited:
I just bought a new TV and soundbar from them this year.
They had the best price and the experience was pleasant.
I was amazed.
Don't know if I would want to deal with them on major appliances, however.
Pricing has always been higher than I have found elsewhere, and staff was not helpful.

A "Walmart Type Thread."

Your Best Buy may not be the place to buy appliances. Not necessarily somebody else's Best Buy near where they live.

We have been impressed with the help and professionalism that our local BB exhibits. We even called the manager over to compliment him on his helpful staff. Now as far as delivery.....that may be another story. Often done by independent contractors.

its very local/regional depending on the contractor.

Costco had great experience and not so great.. nothing terrible though.

A lot of the time, my local BB store appliance section has piles of scratch/dent and other units clogging the aisles. Never experienced their delivery.

Had an ok, but not stellar experience with Costco's appliance delivery. At least it was an electric dryer, so not too difficult to clean up their work afterward. Might not trust them to install a gas stove, though.

Their aim was to get in/out ASAP, unboxing and attaching things as soon as it was moved to the lift on the truck. Having had a damaged washer delivered from an indy store before, I forced them to take a pause, so I could inspect it for damage. Duct work was kind of sloppy, and they didn't include a strain relief when installing the power cord.

Were a lot of complaints about their delivery service contractor, which didn't seem to improve even after they bought the company and made them in-house. But, unlike some, my appointment was kept, and they showed up on-time.

I went to sears about 10 years back to buy a flat screen TV. It would have fit in my car just fine, one man could lift it, etc.

The salesguy in the showroom said "I cannot sell you this TV now. The warehouse is closed."

Sears spent all that money on a mall location but hid the merch a few blocks away in a warehouse with hours that didn't match the main store's.

And, in the interim, we see where this has gotten them.

People rag on Walmart and Amazon but their logistics get a passing grade.

All of our local Best Buy stores have closed. Driven away by the jungle website.

I remember when we got our first one around 2003 or 2004 it was a big deal!

During a remodel of a condo we needed for 4 or 5 years I bought a full set of higher end stainless steel appliances for the new kitchen. When the delivery arrived it included two dishwashers when I only only ordered and paid for one. The delivery guys in an unmarked worn out box van insisted on leaving it anyway.

I called Lowes three times who always said they’d get back to me in a few days - which they never did. After about three weeks I finally gave it to one the gardeners who cared for the condo’s genuinely park like grounds. I never heard back from Lowes.

Scott

Last edited:
A "Walmart Type Thread."

Your Best Buy may not be the place to buy appliances. Not necessarily somebody else's Best Buy near where they live.
Walmart is a genuinely poor experience. And I’ve shopped in them all over the country. A necessary evil.

OP is talking about their delivery subcontractor, so it is broader and wider than one store. How pervasive it is I’m not sure. Appliance delivery is mostly foreigners at this point. Probably because it’s hard work that most citizens won’t do. I don’t know about the delivery sub’s “antics” though.

Walmart is a genuinely poor experience. And I’ve shopped in them all over the country. A necessary evil.

OP is talking about their delivery subcontractor, so it is broader and wider than one store. How pervasive it is I’m not sure. Appliance delivery is mostly foreigners at this point. Probably because it’s hard work that most citizens won’t do. I don’t know about the delivery sub’s “antics” though.

Yeah, no one goes to Wal-mart for the shopping experience.

Our Walmart is fine and the employees are nice. It's some of the customers that get a little dicey.
Best Buy can be the best buy but not the best customer service. When a relative had problems with a screen on a nearly new computer, it was going to take several weeks to fix if BB shipped it to be repaired. The associate at the local store told us about a place that would do the warranty work nearby a lot quicker. It was completed in about a week.
The associate didn't have to mention the other place. While BB overall was not very helpful, there are good people still working at some of their stores.

I just bought a new TV and soundbar from them this year.
They had the best price and the experience was pleasant.
I was amazed.
Don't know if I would want to deal with them on major appliances, however.
Pricing has always been higher than I have found elsewhere, and staff was not helpful.
Same here. Just bought an LG C2 and Sonos Arc from them and found they had the best price. Pleasant shopping experience.

I quit shopping BB when I was going to buy a quantity of TVs for work and they wouldn't give me the sale price or free shipping because I was buying too many. I ordered them from Amazon even "sold by bestbuy" for the sale price and free shipping. 🤦

I went to sears about 10 years back to buy a flat screen TV. It would have fit in my car just fine, one man could lift it, etc.

The salesguy in the showroom said "I cannot sell you this TV now. The warehouse is closed."

Sears spent all that money on a mall location but hid the merch a few blocks away in a warehouse with hours that didn't match the main store's.

And, in the interim, we see where this has gotten them.

People rag on Walmart and Amazon but their logistics get a passing grade.
Sears was the best experience I ever had in a delivery. That was back in 2009 though and I can honestly say I haven't had anything delivered since till now. They grumbled about stacking the washer/dryer but otherwise were nice.

This was a stove and I knew it was going to be pain because of the third floor kitchen hence why I wanted them to bring it up. I can install it myself, gas lines aren't scary. We are going to try Lowes next or I may just go into the local Best Buy and look for a scratch & dent. I did this order all online. Locally I never had one issue with the store even taking 15 mins of searching for an old receipt for warranty work, they were always pleasant. Their contracted out delivery is another story.

Hmmm... I never thought about this. Might be a nice place for Walmart to expand into major appliances.
Im not sure why some would discount that idea. What type of pleasurable experience would one expect getting a washing machine or refrigerator delivered? They dont manufacture the unit. They put it on a truck and drop it in your house.
Price rules.

Sears was the best experience I ever had in a delivery. That was back in 2009 though and I can honestly say I haven't had anything delivered since till now.
Yeah, we miss Sears, Its been 16 years since a new house, ordered our Kenmore Elite appliances there, flawless delivery and the darn things still work perfect. Sad to see them go, I just didnt understand how they could mess up so bad. We need more competition other than HomeDepot, Lowes and Best Buy (last choice would be BB)

Back