Best Bug, Turd and Tar Remover?

Undiluted car wash soap works well and recommended by Duragloss. They make a good bug and tar remover. What I like is it’s not too harsh. Doesn’t strip sealant and the fumes don’t make you dizzy.

Start light, If nothing else works, then Citrol 266. That stuff is magic, but get the regular version. Not the low VOC version. Also the company states they don't recommend you use it on clear coat or single stage paint. But it wont hurt anything as long as you don't leave it on too long and rinse thoroughly.

Just used some my Burb. It doesn’t run very badly and allows some time to soak into the dried bug juice. :)

2217CFEF-F151-4DEB-9151-436B63380978.jpeg

I use the turtle wax bug and tar remover. Normally I wouldn’t use turtle wax products as they’re usually awful. Grabbed that once because it was the only thing in the store and it works phenomenally. I’m sure you already know this but after using, make sure to re-apply whatever wax or sealant was on the area obviously if used on a windshield you’ll want to re-apply rain-x or aquapel if that is something you use since the bug and tar remover will pull that off.

Bed bug, turd and tar remover"......for mattresses in vile motel's smoking rooms.

Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover and the other bottle I have downstairs both work well and contain denatured alcohol.

The Turtle Wax one worked on rock hard, years old tree sap.

Also, I'd daub cheap wax on the rocker / lower door region of of cars which drove through liquid cow manure. Don't buff the wax.

The manure dries hard and fast. wash off is easier.

B,T, and what ?

Bugs … after a blast at coin wash … what’s left Turtle Wax spray to clean and leave non stick

Tar be WD40 … coated rims might use baby oil followed by Dawn …

What is your opinion as to the best Bug and Tar Remover? My Stoner has run out. I don't care 'bout how safe it is. I just want it to work.

Attachments

• 5D618F12-30E5-449B-8F95-2423D7A0EE99.jpeg
    5D618F12-30E5-449B-8F95-2423D7A0EE99.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
best thing is your eyeballs and a good coat of wax. scan the surface of the car often and address them as soon as you see them. a coat of wax will make them easier to get off with minimal effort. for the front and mirrors i use a spray wax from time to time. keeps that coated well and only takes a few minutes

I use the Turtle Wax spray on type. It’s thick enough I can leave it on a vertical surface. A little soaking helps. Still requires a bit of scrubbing with a rag.
Really??? I have a bottle and it was the absolute worst I ever used. Best I have used is Bug Off from Majestic Solutions

Back