best affordable oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
which is the engine oil more affordable with better additive package?

for example Pennzoil YB is an excellent oil with good anti-wear additive package and detergents, but here is too dificult to find

No offense there is no "best" oil and additives are NOT everything. My vote is QSGB or MS5K. Probably get flamed for saying it
27.gif

We could name lots of readily available oils in other parts of the world but it might help if you told us what the dominate brands are and prices and then we can help you pick the best choice

Forumula Shell which was on special recently for $9.88 a jug at Home Depot. The local Shell gas station sells a quart of it for $5.99. Not sure the reg price at HD but it would be my first choice in the best affordable oil category.

We have no idea if he lives in a big city with lots of stores including Wal-Mart, or a tiny village out in Baja with one Pemex stop ...

There are good refineries in Mexico, but I don't know their local marketing labels...

Last edited:
Pennzoil Platinum/Ultra is my vote for over the counter oils. If you want boutique oils fewer are better than Amsoil and Redline.

my car is a 2007 nissan versa hb. 150,000 miles on the odo, ever used 5w-30 mineral oil, here in sinaloa mexico the only brands avalible are:
pennzoil platinum/ ultra, rarely yb or hm, quaker state difay, mobil 1, mobil super (gren label) and rarely mobil special, valvoline conventional, valvoline max life syntetic blend, and syn power, royal purple, supertech blue and gray bottle, castrol edge, castrol gtx withe bottle and green bottle, roshfrans ti 22, bardahl sro and bardahl fusion, akron mineral and akron syntetic, lth motor oil and gonher motor oil... these are the most common olis here..

The cheapest legit API SN GF5 oil.

Supertech, Mobil Super Quaker State or Castrol GTX are all fine if they are legit SN GF5 oils.

Last edited:
Go to your nearest Autozone and get Valvoline white bottle, or the Autozone brand.

The Autozone brand is made by WPP so it is good oil (same as the US Supertech). Their 10w30 high mileage is a very good option for most of the Mexico conditions.

PYB is hard to find where you're at? That's hard to believe, it seems to be one of the most widely available oils there is. Every gas station, grocery store, auto parts store has it here. I've traveled lots of states and every gas station I've stopped at had it as well.

But any of the big name oils are good. Mobil, Pennzoil, Valvoline, Castrol, pick whatever you like and run it. Both conventional and synthetic from them are top tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back