Best 4T for shifting gears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using Motul 300V 10W40 (ester core ) for the past few hundred km and was very happy with the shifting of gears as it was so buttery smooth. Best oil I had use so far in term of shifting the gears. So what is your favourite EO in term of shifting gears ??

Mobil 1 4t is the smoothest oil I've used so far. It was even better than the Motul I had in there. I may be trying Redline in the near future. I currently have T6 in it and it's O.K., but not nearly as smooth as either Motul or Mobil.

I had used Mobil 1 Racing 4T ( US spec in a quart ) the last 2 oil changes before I switched to Motul. The up shifting of gears is smooth but down shifting is kind of tough to kick down.

Mobil 1 4t, Mobil 1 V Twin, Amsoil 20W-50 and SRT 15W-40 have all been the same in my bike.

but

Something is funky with the SRT 15W-40....my clutch will slip if I open her up full throttle in 4th & 5th gear, the other oils don't do that.
confused.gif

Each bike is different. I'm assuming your talking about the bike in your sig. Funny you should say that. My brother rides a bandit 1200, and he swears the Mobil is his favorite 4t oil.

Originally Posted By: Franklim
Using Motul 300V 10W40 (ester core ) for the past few hundred km and was very happy with the shifting of gears as it was so buttery smooth. Best oil I had use so far in term of shifting the gears. So what is your favourite EO in term of shifting gears ??

I've tried pretty much every oil on the market over the years. My favorite in terms of how the bike shifts and runs, is also Motul 300V 4T.

Originally Posted By: 29662
Each bike is different. I'm assuming your talking about the bike in your sig. Funny you should say that. My brother rides a bandit 1200, and he swears the Mobil is his favorite 4t oil.

Bandit 1200 is oil cooled and my bike is liquid cooled. So there might be some differences. I used to own a 2001 Bandit 1200 too.

I've always found chain adjustment has a bigger effect on gearbox smoothness than the oil. I owned Bandit 1200 a few years ago too! I hear the 1250 is quite the torque monster.

Yap. The torque comes low down the rev at 3.5k onwards. It easy to ride at low speed and enough top speed at 250km/h .Nothing fancy like Blackbird which I used to own and love the power and smoothness of the engine. Best engine out there.

Glad you like your 1250, but yeah, Blackbirds are nice, I rode one belonging to a friend fairly extensively back in 2004 - not much else could touch it in a straight line, yet it was just as happy purring along at the speed limit. I was lucky enough to have the use of an FJR1300 for a few days last week - wow, what an engine, talk about grunt! 3rd gear, 60km/h to 180km/h in a flash. Loved it! If only my wife agreed that I need one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back