Best 0w20 to resist fuel dilution in Honda 1.5 TGDI engine? And use in Honda J35 V6s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GDI is way more sooty.

The SMOG rating is 3 for all STATES . Not that impressive for air quality . This applies to other auto makers vehicles .

IMG_9531.JPG
IMG_9529.JPG

One of our German engineers has a C7 with the 4 exhaust tips … he’s got the best belly laugh telling how they hooked up on the wrong 2 outlets … Tester being very impressed with the American car 😷
Half the cylinders are DI (the sooty tips) and half are port injected. 😄

Please explain how it held up better and how you measured better.
I mean how would it not? You got a better oil with better material that's got a high temperature high shear the competes with most general 5w30s. Startup in the colder weather with the red line 0w-20 was superb nothing had I used even comes close.

This is found in FIT owners manual from '11 > '14 that shows 0w-20 ( Canada '14 , '13 for U.S. ) . The '09 + '10 owners manual states 5w-20.

View attachment 122912
A guy I knew in Wichita he just loved working on the Honda fence and said they're the most reliable cars as long as you do all the services. His only complaint was the lack of horsepower they produced but everything was very easy to reach and repair. I would have liked to see one in a little bit bigger chassis like in an accord with maybe a little bit more power. I test drove the 2016 Honda fit sport and it was a hell of a lot of fun with paddle shifters and a sunroof. My only gripe was being almost six five and trying to get out of it. I think you could run them on just about anything except for maybe a 40 weight and they would just keep on ticking. It's a shame they get rid of all the good cars

A guy I knew in Wichita he just loved working on the Honda fence and said they're the most reliable cars as long as you do all the services. His only complaint was the lack of horsepower they produced but everything was very easy to reach and repair. I would have liked to see one in a little bit bigger chassis like in an accord with maybe a little bit more power. I test drove the 2016 Honda fit sport and it was a hell of a lot of fun with paddle shifters and a sunroof. My only gripe was being almost six five and trying to get out of it. I think you could run them on just about anything except for maybe a 40 weight and they would just keep on ticking. It's a shame they get rid of all the good cars
I’m a Honda guy but, they have their place. They are very reliable if services are kept up with. They are for efficiency, not speed. If speed or fast is wanted, go get you a BMW or something that is fast already.

1.7 Ltr. for the Fit , revised 🤤 . Magic seats remain . Who needs small cars ? I do . Been driving small hatchbacks , liftbacks and sedans over 45 years . Small vehicles make for lower payments and less trips to the pump . To replace the spark plugs of the FIT you need to remove the cowl, liked it when plugs were on the top front of the block .🔧

The only way ti combat it is viscosity. It’s simple dilution. That or a short OCI.

Make sure you have it dilution first.
At the HPL Open House, the panel of experts deviated from this in their thoughts.

They posited that increasing viscosity did little to alleviate fuel dilution problems.

In their view, add packs were the key, specifically depletion of add packs.

Please reconcile.

:)

At the HPL Open House, the panel of experts deviated from this in their thoughts.

They posited that increasing viscosity did little to alleviate fuel dilution problems.

In their view, add packs were the key, specifically depletion of add packs.

Please reconcile.

:)
More viscosity doesn't alleviate fuel dilution, or impact the rate at which it occurs, it just gives you more buffer to start with.

More viscosity doesn't alleviate fuel dilution, or impact the rate at which it occurs, it just gives you more buffer to start with.
Exactly. It gets back to people hearing things through an improper filter so that they hear what it is they want to hear. Plus a misunderstanding of physics.

^^^ this ^^^ if you start with an xW-30 or xW-40 you will end up with an xW-20 or xW-30 versus something less than an xW-20 if you started with an xW-20.

The only "cure" for fuel dilution is to:
  • increase the buffer (more starting viscosity)
  • perform shorter OCIs
  • limit short tripping and idling

The only helpful part about a better oil that HPL makes is that their viscosity modifiers are of high quality and are less prone to cleaving or degradation due to the chemical effects of gasoline. But that only prevents it from getting even worse than the physical dilution of the lower viscosity fluid.

I live in southern Ontario and getting any heat on the coldest days takes a good 6-7 minutes of driving I avoid letting it idle for more than 30 sec., The heater hoses are quite long what do you think of putting furnace pipe around the hoses to reduce heat loss and bring the engine temp up faster?
Can I ask why don't you start it say 5 minutes before you leave and then it is hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back