Berryman Chem-dip and B-12 Chemtool.

Greetings and good day to all in the land of the fierce and awesome "Bitog." A question. Is Berryman Chem-dip carburetor and parts cleaner the same chemical make up as Berryman B-12 Chem-tool? Reason I ask is that I was given an unopened gallon can today of the Chem-dip and was wondering if I could use it as a fuel additive in the same manner as the B-12 Chemtool.

No! MSDSs and instructions for each are quite different so I wouldn't want to tempt fate. Both are good products for their intended purpose, although Berryman mixes 'em up to perform different tasks.

I remember years ago when I was in college, my house mate wanted me to help him rebuild his carb off his Datsun 510. He bought a kit and a quart can of Chem-Dip. I disassembled the carb and put the parts in the can with the lid on rather loose. My friend thought about speeding up the process a bit and hammered the lid on tight and shook up the can. Fifteen seconds later the lid blew off with a pop and covered him with stinky fluid and carb parts.