Berryman B12 Chemtool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to give my good review of Berryman's B12 Chemtool. I'm not in the mood to write a long extensive review on the product/company but I want to quickly state that they've earned a consumer. After having a somewhat lackluster first experience with their product I contacted them and was pleasantly surprised with the quick and completely professional response I received. After giving them another shot shortly after our communication I was absolutely thrilled with the results. As someone who logs every tank of gas on Fuelly I have a very good idea of what is going on with my fuel consumption, I noticed an immediate gain in fuel economy. I was averaging 13.8 MPGs on my typical day to day driving, after using B12 that number jumped to 14.5. As someone who has never seen/felt an actual difference using a Fuel System Cleaner, I'm glad this product does what it says it will. Feel free to ask me any questions or elaborate on my experience.

Kudos to Berryman!

With the highly flammable ingredients,I find that the engine runs stronger and smoother,but that's not because of its cleaning properties but for its harsh composition.Its one of the few additives that promote combustion (check their You Tube Video) and seems to turn the gas into a more potent mix.MMO or 2 stroke mix is not going to promote a better/faster burn rate,like the chemicals in B12.

I used Cataclean once,and it has similar ingredients for almost 10x more $$.It seemed to perk the engine up at first too.

That's the funny thing, while driving I didn't notice a difference. However here I am 6 weeks later and the increased economy definitely seems to be here to stay. The YouTube video is definitely entertaining but it's primarily marketing fluff without a lot of substance. With that being said, the product works!

Iv used it in the past on several vehicles. I always feel they are a little more responsive. I like the stuff and it has many great uses.

Only thing I don't like is if you pour some on the ground and light it its burns black like your burning tires. Can't imagine that too great for the exhaust system but still.

Originally Posted By: jorton
Do you add b12 to every other tank-full?

I don't. Added it once and I don't plan on adding it again unless need be. I used it on my Ram which I purchased with 2 leaky injectors. After replacing the injectors and seeing zero increase in efficiency I figured B12 wouldn't hurt anything, so a couple weeks after the repair I added a can. Much to my surprise it increased my mileage.

b12 is also good for cleaning things. i use it to hand clean small parts and carburetors.

Originally Posted By: stockrex
b12 clogged my egr on my 90 Honda accord with 120k miles, it broke free too much carbon????
How did Berryman found its way to your EGR? EGR flow is from exhaust to intake.

I've been tempted to use Berryman on the soon to be world famous "Luv" machine, but am somewhat fearful as the "fuel tank" is a plastic five gallon bucket (it started life as a paint bucket and became a fuel tank). Is Berryman B-12 Chemtool safe to use in such a set up, or will it dissolve the plastic in the bucket and totally gunk up my fuel system?

Additionally, what would the mix be of Berryman's to gasoline, (how many ounces per gallon)?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RamFan

I don't. Added it once and I don't plan on adding it again unless need be. I used it on my Ram which I purchased with 2 leaky injectors. After replacing the injectors and seeing zero increase in efficiency I figured B12 wouldn't hurt anything, so a couple weeks after the repair I added a can. Much to my surprise it increased my mileage.

Also, what did Barryman tell you when you contacted them?

Will this help with a potentially clogged catalytic converter? My father has 200k on his OLD escalade. Its a 2000 with the Chevy vortec in it.

Originally Posted By: RamFan

Also, what did Barryman tell you when you contacted them?

The issue I had was that I purchased a can from O'Reilly, it felt only half full so I checked the other cans and they all felt that way. Even the checkout person said it was odd how they felt. I poured the contents and sure enough there was only 4 or 5 ounces in the can. I contacted Berryman just to let them know that they might want to check the QC of their dispensing units because it appeared as though there was an error in measuring at the plant. They e-mailed me the next day asking for me to call them with more information. When I described the can he informed me that, that was the old can design (redesign was 2+ years ago) and that the contents had probably evaporated while sitting for so long. He then informed me that they were going to have O'Reilly pull the old cans off the shelves. He then sent me 2 free cans. All in all it was a great experience.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Originally Posted By: stockrex
b12 clogged my egr on my 90 Honda accord with 120k miles, it broke free too much carbon????
How did Berryman found its way to your EGR? EGR flow is from exhaust to intake.

+1 on that. I doubt that the B12 had anything to do with a clogged EGR on your Accord. That is a known common problem on those engines (I owned a '90 and a '94.)

I myself in all our autos I add TCW3--->1oz per 5 gallons.

I mix in a 16oz bottle-->7oz Redline SI-1 & 9oz Pennzoil Marine TCW3 2 stroke oil.

I then fill up my 6 old gumout bottles to 4oz. Which I add to every fill up.

I have used B12 over the last 7 years-->adding 1 bottle to each auto once a year.

I have never had a fuel system issue!

When Oreillys has Techron on sale BOGO I will buy 2 bottles and add when ever we are fixing to road trip.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
FWIW, Berryman B-12 Chemtool "Injector Cleaner" part # 1112 does have PEA as one of the ingredients.

I've done a little research. I've check the MSDS on two different injector cleaner products and both show 30-50% PEA. One is the Redline SI-1 and the other is 3M Max strength fuel system cleaner. I have used Berryman products with good results, over the years.

Joe d.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back