Benzol oil, how are they?

Anyone heard of Benzol, what's your opinion or experience?

I'm particularly curious on their 0w-20. It mentions it is a PAO based. One of my local mechanic uses them. I thought it was a typo of Pennzoil

Another brand that apparently does not have the approvals they claim to have. I’d avoid them on that alone.

Haven’t you got anything better? Something that doesn’t make up stuff and has demonstrated performance, or at least makes it clear when the product is “recommended for” and not approved.

Another brand that apparently does not have the approvals they claim to have. I’d avoid them on that alone.

Haven’t you got anything better? Something that doesn’t make up stuff and has demonstrated performance, or at least makes it clear when the product is “recommended for” and not approved.
It says approval right here, unless I misunderstood you?
Screenshot_20230418-170543_Drive.jpg

It says approval right here, unless I misunderstood you? View attachment 151262
None of the Mercedes-Benz nor VW/Audi approvals listed on their PDS appear on the respective manufacturer lists. Along with the fact that the M-B ones aren't worded properly for an approval shows they probably aren't approved, only recommendations.

I couldn't find that it has a dexos1 license either and if it did then it should list the license number.

None of the Mercedes-Benz nor VW/Audi approvals listed on their PDS appear on the respective manufacturer lists. Along with the fact that the M-B ones aren't worded properly for an approval shows they probably aren't approved, only recommendations.

I couldn't find that it has a dexos1 license either and if it did then it should list the license number.
Don’t see their API license either, unless there’s a parent company that I’m not seeing on their site that it’s registered under.

Getting on the official approval list of say MB or BMW is expensive and some smaller manufacturers don't bother doing it even if they can make an oil that could get on the official approval list.

Although ofcourse it could be that their oil doesn't actually meet the requirements but it's "close enough" so they put it on the label or the tds anyway.

I've never heard of Benzol for sure, i'm not sure i'd buy their products if there are other options available from a known major brand.

Getting on the official approval list of say MB or BMW is expensive and some smaller manufacturers don't bother doing it even if they can make an oil that could get on the official approval list.

Although ofcourse it could be that their oil doesn't actually meet the requirements but it's "close enough" so they put it on the label or the tds anyway.
It’s not that expensive in the scheme of things.

And yes the part about whether or not an oil meets the requirements or not is a good question. But here what is troubling is that they list it all under “Specifications and Approvals”, making it appear as they actually have those approvals when apparently do not. Other more reputable blenders will list such recommendations as… recommendations instead. Exxon-Mobil does a good job of this on their PDS.

Back