Beck/Arnley PCV valves - need your perspective?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We own a 2012 Honda Accord SE with the 2.4L motor, which has approximately 68K miles. In my last vehicle the dealer changed my PCV valve at 60K miles (sold that car at 200K miles) and I'm planning to replace the PCV myself on my new car since it appears to be very simple. Question is...does anyone have experience with Beck/Arnley PCV Valves? Would you please share experiences? Rock Auto sells this part for $9.99 and $4 to ship to my home. It is half the price there then on Amazon. Thanks - George

Take your PCV valve out and give it a shake. If it rattles that means it isn't clogged. They usually last a good while and I don't see the need to replace it at only 68K -- unless you're burning oil or something.

If you just want to replace it to help you sleep better at night, stick with OEM.

Last edited:
I'm ultra cheap. I soak my PCV in acetone at every oil change ever since I found about about this method.

Prior to soaking it, I spray it out with brake cleaner to get any oil on the inner surfaces off, then I place it over in the acetone for an hour or however long it takes me to get back to the oil change after letting it drain as much as possible.

It stays clean as a whistle.

I bought some 100% acetone from the fingernail polish section at Walmart and poured it into a jar (with a screw on lid) and reuse it every oil change. The acetone has remained clear and I've done this several times at this point. I do see a very thin film of something at the bottom of the jar, but I'm assuming that is what came out of it.

In your case, I'd soak the PCV overnight the first time around and begin doing it every oil change.

buy factory OE PCV valve and you're done for.

Why fiddle with aftermarket parts when it comes to PCV valves (when factory OE unit is reasonably priced) and the frustration associated with it?

Q.

Go with OE. Beck/Arnley has been selling some real garbage lately like reboxed Uro rubbish out of China for Euro cars and similar no name trash for Japanese.
They were a decent company now it seems like they just peddle whet they can get cheapest, buying from them is a gamble.

The problem is you have to order most of them, there are very few on parts store shelves.
Wait to get it an hope for the best doesn’t work for me.

So don't buy aftermarket, eh? That's going to make all the Framboys unhappy. Fram has a big chunk of the PCV market around here.

Last edited:
The PCV can make the difference between a clean engine and one with deposits, one that has incorrect flow can also effect idle quality and fuel trims.
I wont trust aftermarket with something so inexpensive and critical to the proper function of the emission and control systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back