*!@&%! Bean Counters at Total

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought four bottles of Total Quartz Energy 9000 in 5W/40 weight for my car today. They changed the packaging from one litre to one quart bottles! 5% less oil.

The 0W/30 for my wife's car is still sold in one litre bottles and 5 litre jugs - for now at least.

Total is working got US market share, not tonnecessarily sell euro products in euro quantities...

In the USVI, all the esso stations have turned into Total.

Many American like quart bottle better, they have no idea that 1 liter is about 5% more than 1 quart. All they know is their manual recommends x quarts of oil, they don't want to do calculation from liter to quart.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Many American like quart bottle better, they have no idea that 1 liter is about 5% more than 1 quart. All they know is their manual recommends x quarts of oil, they don't want to do calculation from liter to quart.

In a 4-5 quart sump I cant imagine why anyone would need to convert liter to quart etc... People don't have any problems purchasing oil y the gallon, or the 5 quart jug which I prefer not because I can't add, convert etc, but because ease of use...

I will throw out a hypothesis which may be way off.... Maybe America customers consume most of the production, or enough of it to make it worth while to sell in quarts instead of liter.

The crankcase capacity is specified in litres for both my cars; 4 litres for one, six litres for the other. I need 4-1/4 quarts for my car, or 4 quarts plus one cup of motor oil.

One advantage of using a European oil was that I didn't have partial bottles languishing in my storage cabinet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back