Be nice to your in-laws.

In-laws bought this back in late 2020 as a 1 owner car with Behold, a 2010 Toyota Avalon with 112k miles. She is smooth, clean, and gets 24mpg average so far. Not bad for a V6 grandma couch. I didn't realize how nice the rear reclining seats are... Truly a couch, with tons of legroom...
So yea fellers and fellettes, be nice to your in-laws. They may get you a good deal one day:) I'll upload some more pics later.
Current priority is swapping that "lifetime" ATF fluid for something that gives me a longer lifetime of that transmission. It will be the new family hauler and wife-mobile, as 2010 Volvo XC70 moves into full-time utilitarian duty under me. Wish the Volvo had cooling seats, like the Avalon's got... But happy wife, happy life. Right? So she gets the Avalon, since she always complains about heavy Volvo steering, and likes the aesthetics of the Avalon better.

20220217_154649_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I will give you double what you paid for it. Where else can you double your money in less than a couple of weeks? cmon take the deal
As tempting as it is - wife likes it too much to let go now. Plus even at double I doubt I'll be able to find anything close to this in terms of comfort, level of care, and just overall condition. Actually considering current market - triple would get me close to something similar, with just a little bit of out-of-pocket addition. But then I risk being forced to sleep on the couch for a while. It is technically a Valentine's gift for my other half.

How bad is the damage? Did you repair it?

Those are really nice cars.
Just the rear bumper, all clips that hold it, and lower part of rear bumper support sheet metal. Neither trunk, quarter panels, or tail lights got touched, other car came low and under. Did have to replace driver side muffler. With new bumper cover and bumper support hardware no one will be able to tell it was ever hit. Have yet to repair it, but for now the crashed bumper does the job, despite not being too aesthetically pleasing.

As tempting as it is - wife likes it too much to let go now. Plus even at double I doubt I'll be able to find anything close to this in terms of comfort, level of care, and just overall condition. Actually considering current market - triple would get me close to something similar, with just a little bit of out-of-pocket addition. But then I risk being forced to sleep on the couch for a while. It is technically a Valentine's gift for my other half.
I would just take the car and flip it, you got a great deal...enjoy

Those are the better of the 2k10 era Toyota products

Beware the LED CHMSL likes to die intermittently on these, you gotta strip the rear seats and parcel shelf (fun job, ask me how I know)

When it goes, buy the Dormant part, swap the OEM diffuser over, no one will ever know the difference

Enjoy it

Nice score! Let’s see the back end of the car. My in-laws are great to my family, no complaints from me.

Toyota killed Buick with Avalon. But Subaru might be next game in this “waiting for paradise turn” category.
Way back when, Buick had a slogan "When better cars are built, Buick will build them." Some may remember it.

Some years later, I learned about the Avalon from my brother and mentally changed that slogan to "When better Buicks are built, Toyota will build them".

Different strokes for different folks. I’d get rid of it. The Avalon always looked liked a gussied up Camry with gaudy design touches.

It looks like it took a significant hit. Needs to be on a frame rack for inspection, my bet the unibody has been tweaked out of spec.

Back