BCA Hub Assemblies

Feels great and it's dead silent. I've put on my fair share of hub assemblies and the only company that makes 'em like this anymore (on a regular basis) is SKF, maybe AC Delco if it's for a GM product. This was $75 from RockAuto, made in Japan, and about $35 cheaper than SKF and $15 cheaper than Timken.

Local Federated auto parts actually stopped carrying Timken and started carrying BCA. They're either made or owned by NTN (don't remember).
PXL_20201008_194317957.jpg
PXL_20201008_194307326.jpg
PXL_20201008_194258844.jpg

Which one of your vehicles did this go on?

Timken are mostly made in India now from what I've seen. A long time ago they used to be the gold standard, now, not so much.

Which one of your vehicles did this go on?

Timken are mostly made in India now from what I've seen. A long time ago they used to be the gold standard, now, not so much.
Went on a friend's 06 Prius.

I was skeptical of the quality because of how much cheaper it was than an SKF part -- they're usually my go-to on stuff I don't feel like doing twice -- but I'm pretty impressed. I'm not sure that I'd heard of BCA until recently.

Never heard of this particular brand. Maybe I should put this on my dads car it’s been through 3 sets of bearings in 3 months I have no idea what’s making them go bad.

Wow three times in three months. Were all three on the same side? Are there any possible alignment issues with the Camry?
It’s both sides. I always do bearings in pairs because that’s what I was trained to do and both were bad originally too so I done both sides it’s on the front. No alignment issues I had taken it to the shop to check that and it was in spec. It was recently aligned but I checked again. Yeah me and my dad are stumped he originally screamed at me for it happening insisting that I messed it up but then he realized it may have not been my fault so he apologized and bought me my own hydraulic press for the house lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC1
I would use SKF FW50 in that car, they seem to last forever. As you have had this apart before it should be easy to use a puller/installer on the car/
This will work fine for this job, I wouldn't use it on one that had been in for 10 years in the rust belt but this one should come right out and the money is not bad.

I would use SKF FW50 in that car, they seem to last forever. As you have had this apart before it should be easy to use a puller/installer on the car/
This will work fine for this job, I wouldn't use it on one that had been in for 10 years in the rust belt but this one should come right out and the money is not bad.

Thanks. I will give them a try. It will be fun to do on a gravel driveway again lol. I will also give that tool set a try as I don’t have any adapters for my press at home and I don’t feel like dragging them to work again. If my dad will go for these parts and it goes out again then I know something will be up with the car. I torqued everything down to spec so I know it wasn’t over torqued or anything.

Back