BCA Hub Assemblies

It’s both sides. I always do bearings in pairs because that’s what I was trained to do and both were bad originally too so I done both sides it’s on the front. No alignment issues I had taken it to the shop to check that and it was in spec. It was recently aligned but I checked again. Yeah me and my dad are stumped he originally screamed at me for it happening insisting that I messed it up but then he realized it may have not been my fault so he apologized and bought me my own hydraulic press for the house lol.
My 2c. On my wifes 2008 subaru. I installed 1 Detroit axle bearing i bought a set of 2. Within a year the new one was making noise. I installed the other one. Within a year it was making noise. I bought 2 Timken hubs and replace both because I felt it was time however they were a little rough I thought. One is still on the front and the other I replaced with a used OEM NTN. The rears were noisy. I purchesed the OEM by NTN boxed rear hubs and replaced them both. Whisper quiet even to date was replaced 5 years ago. I have Purschase 2 NTN boxed front bearing and they are at the ready. The used OEM NTN bearing I installed is still whisper quiet. The Timken thats still on it is still not as smooth. I installed timken bearings on a automotive airconditioner compressor. Both failed after about 2 years of light use. Is BCA as good as NTN? I cannot answer that. Just pay the extra money for the premium brand and forget about it for a while is what I learned. You dont save any money doing things twice or three or four times. FAG, NTN. Koyo, SKF, Even Nachi has been good to me

I had a National bearing fail almost immediately on a 2013 Ford Escape. It was a pressed in bearing and I used a hub grappler to remove and install. All bolts were tightened with a double beam torque wrench. We recently had a 200hp and 400hp DC motors fail on our paper machine. Each had run less than 2 years before vibration showed bearing failure. We will autopsy the bearings to find out what failed and why. Those motors should have run at least 10 years. Quality is becoming a sideline and it’s eating everyone’s money. Those motor failures probably cost us close to $500,000.

Feels great and it's dead silent. I've put on my fair share of hub assemblies and the only company that makes 'em like this anymore (on a regular basis) is SKF, maybe AC Delco if it's for a GM product. This was $75 from RockAuto, made in Japan, and about $35 cheaper than SKF and $15 cheaper than Timken.

Local Federated auto parts actually stopped carrying Timken and started carrying BCA. They're either made or owned by NTN (don't remember).
View attachment 31250View attachment 31251View attachment 31252
i.has anyone replaced their cars wheelbearings recently? Mine G35 sedan 06 6mt was recently replaced rear wheel bearing to BCA bearing produced by NTN, that is Oem manufactor to Nissan brand. Now swceral month later car still feels kind a stuck, it does nor roll so freely as it shoyld i think. the other side rear last year was also wheelbearing replaced(Timken) but it had drive in period for 2 weeks. you could sense when it was loosen, but this is kind steange, does anyone has experience with BCA, ? both Timken and BCA sold exactly the same bearing HUB221 was pressed on bearing.

Yes they are owned by NTN you also find them with the Bower BCA name. They are and always were a good product.

What would you think of you ordered 4 BCA bearings/wheel hub’s and got 4 bearings made by ILJIN?

just happened to me ordering from RockAuto, and feel I got the bait n switch… thoughts?

I want to redo the front diff in my chev- ntn, koyo, etc is what I'm comfortable with- never heard of bca.
I just purchased bca from RockAuto and it’s apparently not bca but “ILJIN” made in Korea

Feels great and it's dead silent. I've put on my fair share of hub assemblies and the only company that makes 'em like this anymore (on a regular basis) is SKF, maybe AC Delco if it's for a GM product. This was $75 from RockAuto, made in Japan, and about $35 cheaper than SKF and $15 cheaper than Timken.

Local Federated auto parts actually stopped carrying Timken and started carrying BCA. They're either made or owned by NTN (don't remember).

How is it possible, to get the same bearings, both made by NTN and one is made in China, Timken, the other by BCA and made in Japan and rolling resistance still you can feel. Timken bearing was loosen 2 weeks after use and BCA, supposedly has premium grease inside that is taking time for crystallising and getting loosen, smoothen already 4 month? Is Timken better quality than BCA? both have printed on bearing HUB221 NTN , one says Japan XL, other NH. Are they same? i noticed hesitation, resistance of premium grease increases fuel consumption? How it can be? Is China made bearing better quality than Japan?

WE60551_4.jpg

TM_BM500006_Ang.jpg

Last edited:
Back