Battery Charger Testing Results

@JHZR2

For the noco chargers, do you have an idea of how long it might have taken to go from the optimize phase (flashing green) to the full soc (solid green)? Would it also be unwise to leave the charger on the battery to achieve the full soc, or unplug once it has finished bulk charging (75% soc)

I am considering getting a genius 1 amp for off vehicle charging on 12volt batteries
I don’t really. When in these modes, the voltage is held (approximately), and the current the battery is taking is dropping naturally to next to nil. That’s a natural logarithmic process, so it’s slow. How big the battery and charger is defines it for the situation at hand.

I don’t see the value in unplugging it. My observation with most chargers is thst in order to be green and meet energy mandates, they shut off once “done”, instead of staying at a nominal float voltage. They just watch the battery until it depletes or self discharges to a threshold, and then starts again. Some don’t work as well at that, and don’t wake up. The NoCo ones seem to be fine

@JHZR2

For the noco chargers, do you have an idea of how long it might have taken to go from the optimize phase (flashing green) to the full soc (solid green)? Would it also be unwise to leave the charger on the battery to achieve the full soc, or unplug once it has finished bulk charging (75% soc)

I am considering getting a genius 1 amp for off vehicle charging on 12volt batteries
IME the NOCO, at least the 10A version, rockets to the lowest current mode way too soon, and then accepts too low of a resting voltage before re-engaging. I believe the sweet spot for the money with NOCO will be 5 amps or less.

Back