Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a Mitsubishi Pajero (Montero in the US) SUV, and he can't put it in the vehicle because it would be hotter in there than under the hood due to the sun shining in through the windows as the trunk is part of the inside of the vehcile. They experience 50oC minimum summers! (122oF)

This would also cause the battery to vent it's gases into the car which wouldn't be healthy. If it was a closed trunk style like a car I would agree with you

I like the Advance Auto Part battery. I left the headlights on a few times over night (more than 10 hrs) and it still on in the morning. Of course the car may not start without a jump but the battery is still good. The only reason I forget is because my family vehicle is an 02 Accord that has turns its lights off automatically.

The battery I really like is the one coming from Honda factory, which is now more than 7 years old and still as good as new. I definitely will replace it with the same battery when the times come. This may be the only time going to the dealership is worth it if they still the factory battery.

Not that its applicable to your location, but AutoZone has a great battery warranty service. Having worked there, I can say that battery warranties are very low fuss. If it fails the load test, its replaced...assuming you remember your computer stored warranty data (phone #, and name) or have a reciept.

Occasionally the test will say to charge the battery, and we do. After the charge its tested again. We had very few issues with the battery warranty service, and those customers that created issues were usually trying really hard to ignore a problem with their charging system.
Though I do not like much about autozone, the nation wide warranty coverage and the reliable batteries are nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back