Bathroom Plumbing help

I am removing a pedestal sink and installing a vanity in its place. Per the photo, the drain and the p-trap are not lining up with the old plumbing (a little more than inch apart). What can I do to remedy this predicament?

Thanks in advance!
Ryan

IMG_20211210_170320.jpg

ooo metal drain pipe.. havent seen one of those in abit.. all the ones here with well water rusted out and my house is full plastic.. except main.

I could fix this easily if it was plastic pipe.. how to do it with metal pipe.. not sure except extend it down to start with.

Is that drain tailpipe adjustable at all?

Last edited:
your probably going to need a short extension on the sink drain, and a 45 may help coming out of the wall - can't really see what you have there because of the bag.

Don't even think about flex pipe...

1 1/4 tubular slip extension for the popup tail piece to extend it down. It looks like behind the escutcheon is a 1 1/4 trap adapter....easy way is get a tubular to sch 40 fernco as it would flex enough to move the waste arm under the extension tail. Or use a galv 1 1/4 45 and thread it on to the trap adapter. Then use a male trap adapter on the galv 45 for the tubular stuff.

I can think of other ways but any other way described above will also work.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTK
Definitely not flex pipe! That will assist with clogs and it smells terrible after a while.

Plastic is the way to go. I agree with JTK - extend the wall pipe then fit it in with the P trap. That may have originally been an S-trap which is far from ideal.

Back