Bargain THF

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PQIA has a 2004 story refercned that may be of interest to those of us with farm tractors. It concerns the silly games that are played with THF, Trans Hydraulic Fluid for tractors with a sump common to the final drive and hydraulic sump. It was of interest to me because a few years back I sent a sample of the TSC "Traveller" house brand THF in for a VOA and found the additive pack rather lackluster. From that moment, I decided to go with an established brand CERTIFIED for my tractor unless I had good info on the particular product. This story is a few years old but still relevant, I think!

THF

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
The PQIA has a 2004 story refercned that may be of interest to those of us with farm tractors. It concerns the silly games that are played with THF, Trans Hydraulic Fluid for tractors with a sump common to the final drive and hydraulic sump. It was of interest to me because a few years back I sent a sample of the TSC "Traveller" house brand THF in for a VOA and found the additive pack rather lackluster. From that moment, I decided to go with an established brand CERTIFIED for my tractor unless I had good info on the particular product. This story is a few years old but still relevant, I think!

THF

I have to say I am a bit dismayed with the lack of THF general standards, I just bought a new Kioti with a HST and they specify changing all the filters and fluids at 50hrs to keep your warranty. So it sounds like I have to get the manufacturers THF instead of perhaps a better synthetic fluid. I'm going to assume Kioti's oil is not going to be cheap. I guess its relatively cheap insurance to stay the "Kioti" THF as I've never read of an oil related problem in the forums so far and I assume most owners are using the manufacturers oil.
Who knows, maybe I can resell the 50 hr THF as most farmers don't believe that anything is wrong with the oil and all you need to do is change the filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back