Baldwin Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have used the baldwin b329 for my 5.4's and 4.6 but when i learned the intial restriction was 1psid at 2.5 gpm
3psid at 4gpm
5psid at 5gpm

i stopped using them and am now using donaldson p550965 which is 0.5 psid at 3gpm far less restriction...on nascar site in the tips section their expert said to use a filter that has at least 2psid @ 4gpm for a more flowing filter

I'm in Omaha tonight..want me to drive over to Kearney and get you one?
wink.gif

Try the Kenworth or Peterbuilt dealer..they have a National program with Baldwin. So the local dealer may be a Baldwin dealer. Or you can try Speedco truckstops they sell Baldwin nationally. Sometimes they also have car/pickup filters.

No doubt in my eyes.... from the outside looking in. Bear in mind that the ones I have are basic Baldwins. There are more than one model at that website. The upgraded ones are more expensive... one I desired was almost $8 - versus $3-$4 for the cheaper Baldwin.

I regret buying the Baldwins now. They may be a notch above what you are using thou. I believe the basic ones are a AC Delco, Motorcraft-type copy in quality.

They certainly are above average for trucks. Passenger vehicles are another story - unless you are willing to buy their upgraded, more expensive filter.

Napa Gold has my vote for having similar quality as the Baldwin upgrade - but costing a few dollars less buying them online at places like fleetfilter.

I'm done here. No need to start any flame wars over one person's amateur opinions -- the amateur being me...lol
tongue.gif

NAPA Gold (WIX) is not in the same class -- at all -- as the BALDWIN HPG (or DONALDSON Endurance or FLEETGUARD Stratapore). The former is not extended or heavy duty service per many manufacturers; see cross-reference catalogs.

I get HPG's from a local filter wholesaler for about $9 ea/dozen.

The basic Baldwins for light duty pickups/passenger vehicles are not HPGs.

That's why I prefer the Napa Golds for basically the same money.

The cheaper Baldwins remind me of Baldwin's version of Napa Silvers.... ie... absent of a silicone ADBV (mine).

Well those Baldwins are kinda spendy in comparison to an ST (Well of course), and even a Puralator.

I think I'm gonna pass. I was gonna try them, but I'm not sure they deliver for the cost.

The regular Baldwins cost around $6 and are a good filter for the money..on par with Purolater,Wix etc.The HPG series are MUCH better but cost me $12 Can.They are a good filter for the money.

quote:

Originally posted by speedygonzalez:
Well those Baldwins are kinda spendy in comparison to an ST (Well of course), and even a Puralator.

I think I'm gonna pass. I was gonna try them, but I'm not sure they deliver for the cost.

My Baldwins (cheaper ones) cost me a little over $3.00 online. They are all in the garbage now. Threw 5 new ones away for bad ADBV's that caused start-up & early driving noise. I won't ship the bad ones back per Fed-Ex or UPS. I call this a lesson-learned & won't buy them anymore. I do have a couple of the better ones on-hand still - having the silicone ADBV. I have-yet to try them.

the baldwin B2-HPG I tried on my Supra was awesome as far as build quality, fit, and finish were concerned. i don't know what it was like on the inside of the filter, though..

one thing, does anyone have the flow restriction/efficiency numbers on the B2-HPG, or any HPG filter for that matter? I know that the ordinary baldwin filter is nothing to write home about, but the much more expensive HPG could be different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back