Baldwin filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I just found out that Grainger sells Baldwin filters. I get a discount with them through my Employer. I buy stuff from them every couple of months. I guess I didn't look at all 1,000,000 pages in their catalog...
crazy2.gif

They list the B1402 at $7.18. I think I get 20% off. So I can pick up these filters for around $5.75. Are Baldwins still made in the US? Do they have a nitrile or silicone Anti-drainback valve?

Thanks

XL-2KXZ6.JPG

I do not think $5.75 is a great price for Baldwin filters.

At cost and 7%, for the B29 (Wix 51348), I paid not much over $3 Canadian for one.

Look around and see what you can find for them. I work for one of their competitors, and apples-to-apples we regularly beat them by 30% on pricing. They have the upper hand on us in delivery at times, but generally we beat them on pricing unless they went to a very deep discount with that customer.

Most are still made in U.S.
There was a Baldwin rep who has posted here a few times and has defended his company's decision to make some of them in China, however. AFAIK, most have a nitrile valve.

Most filters are made in an assortment of countries, depending on the volume in a specific market.

Seems high to me too. Find your filter at the Baldwin website then call around to your heavy truck service centers until you find one. You will find they are very cooperative when you bring money and part numbers.

Truck service centers carry the car filters because they service small trucks which use the same filters as cars.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back