Backyard Mosquito Treatment

Has anyone has performed a mosquito treatment using the method outlined below? It seems like there is a lot of potential chemical exposure to the applicator, but if effective, I suppose the risk can be mitigated with better PPE.

Last edited:
Maybe consider growing some insect-repellent plants in your backyard. Chrysanthemums, rosemary, oregano, lavender, lemon balm, mint, catnip, etc I have noticed that if there are eucalyptus trees there are fewer bugs around.

Last edited:
Well for bugs and other undesirables - I do the yard spray mentioned (hose style) mints and rosemary - add lemon dish soap to weed killer - a bit of malathion - and ambush them with a Burgess fogger …

Something different, My brother who lives near Concord NH has a bat box on his roof. The brown bats that live there keep the area free of mosquitos.
It needs to be pretty high up. But if bats do start to live it it they will take care of mosquitoes.

I was reading a report about outdoor bug zappers. They analyzed the bugs that were zapped and 99% were not bitting bugs. One suggestion was an outdoor fan at table height (I think) as mosquitoes are not great flyers and a fan will push them away.

Around here I think they put up traps to lure either the male or female mosquito (can't remember which) and that cuts down reproduction and less mosquitoes.

I have two Mosquito Magnets and they work. Use a tank of propane every 18 days though for each, plus the baits. We are able to go outside during the day and the Asian Tiger Mosquitoes aren't a bother anymore.

IMG_3911.jpeg

IMG_3909.jpeg

Last edited:
I have two Mosquito Magnets and they work. Use a tank of propane every 18 days though for each, plus the baits. We are able to go outside during the day and the Asian Tiger Mosquitoes aren't a bother anymore.

View attachment 167161

View attachment 167162
These work and was going to suggest it. You can get a mist blower and spray but it targets all bugs and not just mosquito's.

Back