Back with another headlight restoration thread.

The girlfriends parents needed their lights cleaned up. Couldn't find the 3m heavy duty restoration kit I used on my Buick last year so I got the Cerakote ceramic headlight restoration kit this time.

Cleaned up very nicely.

Attachments

• 20230415_121256.jpg
    20230415_121256.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 20230415_121303.jpg
    20230415_121303.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 185
Will be interesting to see how long the ceramic clear coat lasts?

If your in a bind, some ultra fine sandpaper - like 2000 grit or finer - wet sand, clean and dry, spray with clear rattle can lacquer or enamel - good for about a year.

Meguiars makes a good spray on coating that lasts a year.
I'm finding most of these coatings don't last more than a year and start looking so so after 6 to 8 months.
I am thinking I will polish my Tundra lights again, then apply either Xpel or Lamin-X film instead for protection. I've only used films on new headlights so curious if it will offer any UV protection after polishing.

at a certain point no amount of cleaning will keep those poly lites clear for any amount of time. I've read that the crystaline structure inside the polycarbonate begins to cloud up and no amount of polish will help and eventually you need new lenses.. That has been my experience, can clean em up but eventually they lenses are garbage.

Did these a few nights ago . Took around 20 minutes . Makes a difference for night w/ better white light that helps distinguish objects on and off the roadside . Using SYLVANIA XTRAVISION w/ clear glass headlight bulbs .

IMG_1075.JPG
IMG_1077.JPG
IMG_1074.JPG
IMG_1076.JPG

Last edited:
Did these a few nights ago . Took around 20 minutes . Makes a difference for night w/ better white light that helps distinguish objects on and off the roadside . Using SYLVANIA XTRAVISION w/ clear glass headlight bulbs .
Honda Fit?

I just installed the "Headlight Armour" clear film on my Fit headlights a couple days ago.... It's my first time using it so it'll be interesting to see how it lasts. The car had just 21,000 miles on it when I bought it so the headlights were still perfect (it had been owned by an old lady and I think it rarely left her garage). My only worries at this point are the various little bubbles still visible in the film - but the instructions do say those will mostly disappear in a few days or weeks.

Yes , a FIT . Get pics if possible .👍
Here's a couple shots with the Headlight Armor clear film. It's been more than a week now and the handful of bubbles remaining in it are now mostly gone. The material "breathes", so the moisture trapped in the bubbles gradually evaporates and then the bubbles shrink and go away (the film is applied by first misting the surface with water, just like window tint). They're now almost totally gone but the second photo shows the last remaining "larger" bubbles but even those have been slowly shrinking so I am sure they will go away entirely. Right now these three are about 1/4" x 3/8" in size. Anyway, I hope this stuff protects the lenses from yellowing because these lenses really were perfect when I bought the car. (note there are also a few drops of rain starting to fall when I took the pics)

qWXsJZ.jpg

1I5uuB.jpg

Back