Back surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a laminectomy back in 87, took awhile to recover but no further(knock wood) surgery required since. Only one nerve flair at a different level and that was fixed with an injection. Even run with it now.

Best of luck, and hang in there.

My prayers are with you.
I have had three (one fusion).
My advice is do exactly what you are suppose to do. Helps increases your outcome.
Don't go back to work early like I did three times....dumb move by me.

Good luck. Hope all goes well.

I am currently fighting just to get the steroid injection just to get some relief other than opioids.

Originally Posted By: jhellwig
...I am currently fighting just to get the steroid injection just to get some relief other than opioids.

Too bad you have to fight for it. I had to wait 10 weeks because it was new doctor referral and mri schedule. Finally got steroid suggestion from surgeon. Thought I had nothing to lose but very skeptical it would work. 48 hours after injection, pain gone. Very thankful to finally get relief and avoid alternative.

Again, best of luck to the OP for a successful outcome. Give yourself time to heal.

Best of luck to OP. A co-worker has had 2 rounds of PRP (no fusion) and he says its working far better than he'd ever hoped. This was after 2 years of going at it with physical therapy, conventional steroid injections, etc.

I had L4-S1 fusion this past November.

Still recovering, but glad I had it done. Sciatica down my legs is gone.

Listen to what your doctors and physical therapy folks tell you to do. Recovery is a long process, so don't get frustrated if you feel you are not recovering fast enough.

Like Bebob367 stated, don't go back to work early. Take your time.

Best of luck. I understand where you are at.
I'm going through back issues again myself.
I have known for about ten years that I need a fusion, but refuse to do so. Even the surgeon that I consulted advised against it unless a wheelchair is imminent.
I have been almost a month with a pinched nerve on my left side.
It is all I can do to walk 100 feet without being doubled over. It has really hindered what I have been able to do in the last month. Fortunately, I am retired.
I know that I need a series of injections (I have had them before and have been cured for an extended period of time) but have to play the insurance game to get them. Had another MRI last Wednesday, and have a Dr.appt tomorrow to get the verdict.
Best wishes.

Best of luck.

Post surgery, you will need to make some lifestyle changes. If you are overweight, lose weight. Do some physical activity once recovered. Otherwise, you will go back to the same symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back